Halfords trade cards

Discussion in 'REME' started by ASBO_OR_ARMY, Mar 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just found out that you can get a halfords trade card for free by just turning up with your pass certificate gives massive discount aswell!!
  2. Pass in what....25m breast stroke!!!!

Link would be helpful.
  3. Dont be such a mongral!! in mechanics!!
    There is far to much testosterone flying about this site!!
    Next time i wont even bother !!!!
  4. In some things you can get upto a 50% discount, if your in the North east, the pm and ill pass on your details when the area rep come to my place next week.
  5. yeah you can get quite a bit of discount only on items that can help with mechanic type stuff tools and spares etc but also batteries and window wipers etc
  6. I mearly ask for a link or reference, as I can image myself walking into my nearest Halfords store with my 20 years old Class 1 cert and demanding a substantial discount to the bemusement of the spotty YTS lad behind the counter.

My apologies for any offence caused by my breast stroking remark!!!
  7. Try this Paul.

I got mine from asking to see the Manager and just showing my ID card without taking any certificates. I can't see that it makes a difference when you got the qualifications but take the certificates all the same just in case. I'm sure the policy must differ between Halfords stores.

Bought a servicing pack for my car on Saturday:

NGK Spark Plugs Price before £15.99 Price after £6.20
    Halfords Oil Filter Price before £5.79 Price after £2.39
    Halfords Air Filter Price before £10.99 Price after £5.43.

Speaking to the chap on the counter the biggest savings seem to be on tools and car bulbs.

One thing to remember, when you use the card, you have to take the items you wish to purchase to the spares counter to get them to calculate the cost to trade. They will print you out 2 receipts, one for the actual price and one for the trade price. Therefore if you are doing a job for somebody you can charge them the full price etc. You then take your printed receipts and goods to the checkout as normal and get charged the trade price.

(It just goes to show the profit being made by Halfords when selling to Joe Public. VAT is still paid on the trade prices so no need to inform Mr TaxMan.)

Hope this helps...
  8. Hmmm.. Does this work for Armourers? Think I'll go to my local gunshop & blag a rifle & 200 rounds :plotting:
  9. What do you need 200 rounds for?? Trying to pass the new APWT by any chance??
  10. To pass that nowadays I'd need 1000 rounds. Sorry, should have said 'ex-armourer'
  11. FYI... No 'Certificates' needed... I got my card just by asking at the parts counter... :thumleft: .....
  12. I've been using the trade card for a year now and the savings are huge! Sometimes when buying a basic service kit, ie filters, plugs etc for a standard car, you can save up to and over 50%, halfords give two receipts, one for you as the tradesman, one to show to customer, ie, ssm.
    I've even accompanied my QM into Halfords and he got a trade card coz i said he worked for me! :thumright: And yes, bulbs are heavily discounted but also the excellent ratchet spanners, break 'em, bring 'em back for a no quibble replacement, break one in half, get two replacements! (don't bring back at the same time :shakefist: )
  13. I had to have proof that i had engineering quals, i also had to give details of where i worked ( i lied about where i worked just incase they didnt give them out to squaddies!)... however the savings are great especially on halfords own branded stuff eg. £15.99 for pair of windscreen wipers but with discount card £4.97. even got a quid off that coloured car polish!
  14. quite correct, however they are only for VM's and definately not for those jumping ship to be dog handlers!!!!
  15. Has anybody seen the Halfords trade advert in this months craftsman?