Halal meat exhibition goes down a storm in Melbourne

I did a search on my posts on this thread and theres a hilarious exchange between me & RGJ where he gets a sad on for not having his XRW routine taken seriously in the naafi bar and then offers me out! From 2016, that's four years he's been bashing his keyboard inciting hatred and violence on here.
And that post puts you in the same place.
It is why sometimes you post from an interesting pov but I can never take you seriously.

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
And that post puts you in the same place.
It is why sometimes you post from an interesting pov but I can never take you seriously.

Gutted mate. Please let me know what I need to do for you to take me seriously.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I agree with you but its not a myth. Almost all of the meat available for consumption in Australia is now Halal.

And I agree, its barbaric. In a decent society it would not be allowed but we cant offend the Muslims can we?
I think you are over-reacting, and we can't have that on Arrse now can we?

Thats illegal; halal and kosher slaughter isn't.

It just annoys those whose hatred of Muslims has no connection at all with their sudden interest in animal welfare.

Pathetic argument indeed.

I don't know why they can't just strap some semtex to the sheep, fluffy baaah baaah to smoking kebab in one painless, easy stroke and culturally fitting as well.

I don't know why they can't just strap some semtex to the sheep, fluffy baaah baaah to smoking kebab in one painless, easy stroke and culturally fitting as well.

Brother Crow must not have died in vain.

Abandoned SAM Sevens made great cooked mutton on the hoof in Southern climes.

Thats illegal; halal and kosher slaughter isn't.

The UK has strict laws on animal welfare and slaughter
The UK in the spirit of Tolerance allows exemptions to slaughter for religious beliefs

I think we both have no problem with the above

Halal* is now being sold as a mainstream product
Quite apart from my own ethical objections -and the Sikh argument if its unmarked -

The most fundemental reason I object is because if its being slaughtered in the UK** then distributed to the general public - then its no longer a small exemption in the spirit of tolerance, it has become a major product sold to non Muslims, which doesnt conform to the UKs laws on animal slaughter where religion isnt an exemption.
As such its very much against the spirit if not the letter of the law.

Im not calling for a ban but it (and Kosher) should be both clearly identified and marketed solely at the relevant communities.
Elstwise to my mind we are allowing the widespread side stepping of animal welfare laws.

*And this would apply equally to Kosher if it were.
** If Slaughtered abroad obviously doesnt apply

The UK in the spirit of Tolerance allows exemptions to slaughter for religious beliefs

Quite apart from my own ethical objections -and the Sikh argument if its unmarked -

The most fundemental reason I object is because if its being slaughtered in the UK** then distributed to the general public - then its no longer a small exemption in the spirit of tolerance, it has become a major product sold to non Muslims, which doesnt conform to the UKs laws on animal slaughter where religion isnt an exemption.

Im not calling for a ban but it (and Kosher) should be both clearly identified and marketed solely at the relevant communities.
Elstwise to my mind we are allowing the widespread side stepping of animal welfare laws.

I have a problem with religious groups sidestepping humane slaughter rules , it's completely unacceptable.

I do, no religion should be exempt the law. The law is either needed or its not.

HSF

LE

I peronally find those exemptions offensive.We are effectively giving religios minorities permission to flaunt our UK laws &to practice thrir barbaric rituals.It should be banned.Do europeans in jewish or muslin countries have the right to demand non kosher or halal meat?And then there is the scandal of imported halal meat unidentifiable from non kosher halal meet without scrutiny

Published by: Katie Godwin, via Facebook, on 23 July 2021.

Katie Godwin shared a link.

This is the reply I received-

Sorry, we can’t accept the petition you supported – “End Halal and Kosher certification and slaughter in the UK”.

It’s offensive, extreme or a joke . . .

We can't accept petitions that are offensive or extreme in their views. That includes petitions that attack, criticise or negatively focus on an individual or a group of people because of characteristics such as their age, disability, ethnic origin, gender identity, medical condition, nationality, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. We could accept a petition calling for a ban on non-stun slaughter, but not a petition that bans non-stun slaughter only on the grounds of religious belief. The previous petition referenced was opened prior to the establishment of the Petitions Committee.

We only reject petitions that don’t meet the petition standards:

https://petition.parliament.uk/help#standards

Thanks,

The Petitions team
UK Government and Parliament

+ + + + + + + + + +

Surely, the whole purpose of the petition, was to remove from established, well-founded, and accepted anti-cruelty laws . . . the exceptions that are granted and which allow the cruel, barbaric and inhuman slaughter of sentient beings, SPECIFICALLY on the grounds of “religious doctrine”.

It is understood that both the religious groups concerned, do already ALLOW the consumption of meat from animals NOT slaughtered in accordance with their cruel, barbaric and inhuman doctrine.

That is, both religious groups concerned, do already ALLOW the consumption of meat from animals that have been stunned before slaughter . . . when Halal and Kosher meat is not available.

Therefore, there can be no sensible or logical argument, for perpetuating the continued practice of non-stun slaughter, when both the religious groups to which this pertains, already make provision for such an eventuality.

Last edited:
Published by: lamb2ewe.co.uk, via Facebook, on 29 JULY 2021.

Boycott British companies which support religious animal slaughter PAGEHalal Free food

Variety At Its Finest.

By working with small independent suppliers Lamb2ewe is able to control the quality, the welfare, the slaughter process and getting it to your plate.

We are also able to bring you a fantastic range of different breeds of sheep, cattle and pigs and Poultry.
100% Guaranteed None Religiously Slaughtered.

Delivered to your door.
ORDER ONLINE.
NATIONWIDE DELIVERY
GET IN TOUCH
sales@lamb2ewe.co.uk
12 Moor Bottom
Honley
Huddersfield
HD9 6DN

1627595756884.png

Published by: lamb2ewe.co.uk, via Facebook, on 29 JULY 2021.

Boycott British companies which support religious animal slaughter PAGEHalal Free food

Variety At Its Finest.

By working with small independent suppliers Lamb2ewe is able to control the quality, the welfare, the slaughter process and getting it to your plate.

We are also able to bring you a fantastic range of different breeds of sheep, cattle and pigs and Poultry.
100% Guaranteed None Religiously Slaughtered.

Delivered to your door.
ORDER ONLINE.
NATIONWIDE DELIVERY
GET IN TOUCH
sales@lamb2ewe.co.uk
12 Moor Bottom
Honley
Huddersfield
HD9 6DN

View attachment 592599

A good selling point , I only buy meat of a local farm shop butcher , no halal / kosher BS there.

Published by: Katie Godwin, via Facebook, on 23 July 2021.

Katie Godwin shared a link.

This is the reply I received-

Sorry, we can’t accept the petition you supported – “End Halal and Kosher certification and slaughter in the UK”.

It’s offensive, extreme or a joke . . .

We can't accept petitions that are offensive or extreme in their views. That includes petitions that attack, criticise or negatively focus on an individual or a group of people because of characteristics such as their age, disability, ethnic origin, gender identity, medical condition, nationality, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. We could accept a petition calling for a ban on non-stun slaughter, but not a petition that bans non-stun slaughter only on the grounds of religious belief. The previous petition referenced was opened prior to the establishment of the Petitions Committee.

We only reject petitions that don’t meet the petition standards:

https://petition.parliament.uk/help#standards

Thanks,

The Petitions team
UK Government and Parliament

+ + + + + + + + + +

Surely, the whole purpose of the petition, was to remove from established, well-founded, and accepted anti-cruelty laws . . . the exceptions that are granted and which allow the cruel, barbaric and inhuman slaughter of sentient beings, SPECIFICALLY on the grounds of “religious doctrine”.

It is understood that both the religious groups concerned, do already ALLOW the consumption of meat from animals NOT slaughtered in accordance with their cruel, barbaric and inhuman doctrine.

That is, both religious groups concerned, do already ALLOW the consumption of meat from animals that have been stunned before slaughter . . . when Halal and Kosher meat is not available.

Therefore, there can be no sensible or logical argument, for perpetuating the continued practice of non-stun slaughter, when both the religious groups to which this pertains, already make provision for such an eventuality.

That's shizer.

Latest Threads