Halal meat exhibition goes down a storm in Melbourne

Halal . . . Kosher . . . the principle is the same . . . NO pre-stun :( .

Horrific Cruelty Filmed in Kosher Slaughterhouses

Closer to home . . . Halal in Yorkshire . . . :( .

Animal cruelty at halal abattoir exposed in secret CCTV footage

Non Stun Halal Slaughterhouse, Norfolk, England 2016

No.

There are many parts of the Quran and the hadith (advice and sayings of the prophet) that state that animals should be treated with kindness and compassion. Islamic scholars deem slaughtering animals in sight of others to be "haram" because it causes unnecessary fear and distress.

As I understand it, it's a part of Sharia law which is based on scholars' interpretation of the Quran and the hadith. There's a more detailed explanation at Islam Views Cruelty to Animals as a Sin

Of course, plenty of people involved in religious slaughter pick and choose which parts religious doctrine they will obey. Just look at the number of Muslim slaughtermen who have been prosecuted for animal cruelty.
I suspect its based around the facts that a stressed animal will release adrenaline into the blood which will damage the meat.... I can't imagine the "peaceful" brigade giving one fuck about the animals well fare,....

Published by Katie Harris, The TELEGRAPH, on Saturday 16 February, 2019.

RSPCA calls for BAN on non-stun slaughter - ‘It causes UNNECESSARY SUFFERING’.

THE RSPCA is calling for a ban on non-stun slaughter to prevent “unnecessary suffering” for millions of animals.

The animal charity has teamed up with the British Veterinary Association (BVA) to campaign for a change in the law, which currently allows slaughter without pre-stunning for religious purposes. All kosher slaughter for Jews and some halal slaughter for Muslims involves cutting the animal’s throat while they are conscious and able to feel pain. The RSPCA and the BVA are demanding the Government outlaws the practice due to animal welfare fears.

And they are urging for other steps to be taken including labelling meat with the slaughter method so customers are clear about what they are buying.

RSPCA chief executive Chris Sherwood said: “We’re opposed to non-stun slaughter and we’re calling for an end to the practice as it seriously compromises animal welfare.

“Our concern does not relate to the expression of religious belief but the welfare of animals".

“Our concern does not relate to the expression of religious belief but the welfare of animals.

“Until there is a change in the law to end non-stun slaughter, there are several measures the UK Government could introduce to reduce the suffering involved in this practice.

“For example, by ensuring trade deals with other countries do not include non-stun meat or live animals for non-stun slaughter, clear labelling should be adopted to enable consumers to make an informed choice about the meat they buy and how it was slaughtered.”

Dr Marc Cooper of the RSPCA said: “The RSPCA is against any slaughter of farm animals without stunning as the scientific evidence, and the view from the UK Government’s own advisors, concludes this practice can cause unnecessary suffering.”

And BVA president Simon Doherty added there is “huge” public support for a change in the law.

It comes after the Flanders region of Belgium followed the lead of other European countries including Iceland, Sweden, Switzerland and Denmark by introducing a ban on slaughter without pre-stunning earlier this year.

Mr Doherty said: “The UK Government has repeatedly stated it would prefer to see all animals stunned before slaughter but has taken no action to address this critical welfare issue that affects millions of animals every year.

“There is a huge groundswell of support for a ban on non-stun slaughter, and recent developments in Belgium show that decisive change is possible where public support is matched by political will.”

New figures released by the Food Standards Agency (FSA) revealed that more than 94 million animals were slaughtered without stunning in 2018.

A Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs spokesman said: “We would prefer that all animals are stunned before slaughter, but we accept the rights of people who are Jewish or Muslim to eat meat prepared in accordance with their religious beliefs.

“We do, however, expect industry to provide consumers with the information they need to make informed choices.

“This is an issue the Government is considering closely in the context of the UK’s exit from the EU.

“We will continue work with stakeholders on issues such as labelling, slaughter practices and transparency of demand for non-stunned meat.”
Sign the RSPCA and the BVA’s joint letter to environment secretary Michael Gove calling for an end to non-stun slaughter . . . . End non-stun slaughter in England | RSPCA.

THE RSPCA is calling for a ban on non-stun slaughter to prevent “unnecessary suffering” for millions of animals.

The animal charity has teamed up with the British Veterinary Association (BVA) to campaign for a change in the law, which currently allows slaughter without pre-stunning for religious purposes. All kosher slaughter for Jews and some halal slaughter for Muslims involves cutting the animal’s throat while they are conscious and able to feel pain. The RSPCA and the BVA are demanding the Government outlaws the practice due to animal welfare fears.

And they are urging for other steps to be taken including labelling meat with the slaughter method so customers are clear about what they are buying.

RSPCA chief executive Chris Sherwood said: “We’re opposed to non-stun slaughter and we’re calling for an end to the practice as it seriously compromises animal welfare.

“Our concern does not relate to the expression of religious belief but the welfare of animals".

Sign the RSPCA and the BVA’s joint letter to environment secretary Michael Gove calling for an end to non-stun slaughter . . . . End non-stun slaughter in England | RSPCA.

You should spam this on every single thread on Arrse that pops up when you search for "halal".

Because, you know, people have to be told more than once.

It seems the Woke Brigade don't care about this - they've got [pro-Brexit] Chlorinated Chicken sending them into melt-down mode.

It seems the Woke Brigade don't care about this - they've got [pro-Brexit] Chlorinated Chicken sending them into melt-down mode.
Irony incarnate, Mr. Worried About Catching The Islam By Eating Halal Food.

I like slitting dogs throats.

It's different, will you tolerate it?

I doubt it.

Such a pathetic argument.
Thats illegal; halal and kosher slaughter isn't.

It just annoys those whose hatred of Muslims has no connection at all with their sudden interest in animal welfare.

Pathetic argument indeed.

Thats illegal; halal and kosher slaughter isn't.

It just annoys those whose hatred of Muslims has no connection at all with their sudden interest in animal welfare.

Pathetic argument indeed.
I think you`ll find halal slaughter creates a hatred of Muslims by people who would otherwise not be interested in islam.

I think you`ll find halal slaughter creates a hatred of Muslims by people who would otherwise not be interested in islam.
But seemingly not the same for kosher slaughter, which effectively uses the same method.

You should spam this on every single thread on Arrse that pops up when you search for "halal".

Because, you know, people have to be told more than once.
Eh! Who put you in charge of all the Inter-Web’s bytes and pixels?! ;) .

The first - only - “good news” concerning prohibition of halal slaughter in the UK for a year, needed sharing with those who had previously shown an interest in the abhorrent practice.

Using the @Jarrod mandated SEARCH function, did identify the two old halal - now seemingly dormant - threads . . . that have not been added to, since my last post a year ago! However, a number of folk must still be “watching” the threads . . . and, between them they have received FOUR positive responses since yesterday.

The @Jarrod mandated SEARCH function, did also identify two additional threads - that I was unaware of - with an interest in the abhorrent practice of halal slaughter. Between them they have received THREE positive responses since yesterday.

You do realise that just because the “good news” was distributed to a wide audience, that you and @exbluejob , do NOT have to read all the identical posts?! ;) .

RCT(V) more spam

Eh! Who put you in charge of all the Inter-Web’s bytes and pixels?! ;) .

The first - only - “good news” concerning prohibition of halal slaughter in the UK for a year, needed sharing with those who had previously shown an interest in the abhorrent practice.

Using the @Jarrod mandated SEARCH function, did identify the two old halal - now seemingly dormant - threads . . . that have not been added to, since my last post a year ago! However, a number of folk must still be “watching” the threads . . . and, between them they have received FOUR positive responses since yesterday.

The @Jarrod mandated SEARCH function, did also identify two additional threads - that I was unaware of - with an interest in the abhorrent practice of halal slaughter. Between them they have received THREE positive responses since yesterday.

You do realise that just because the “good news” was distributed to a wide audience, that you and @exbluejob , do NOT have to read all the identical posts?! ;) .
Does it not occur to you that by putting your post in one specific thread relevant to your pet peeve, you don't have to try and answer the same questions in multiple threads, and, more importantly the thread stays readable for any others who may have something relevant to add without having to try and track the conversation over multiple threads before giving up?

That is, obviously, a rhetorical question, given that you're already having to resort to copypasta in replying to only two posts (in seperate threads) pointing out your error.

I did a search on my posts on this thread and theres a hilarious exchange between me & RGJ where he gets a sad on for not having his XRW routine taken seriously in the naafi bar and then offers me out! From 2016, that's four years he's been bashing his keyboard inciting hatred and violence on here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B The Intelligence Cell 52
B_AND_T Sick Jokes 5
geezer466 The Intelligence Cell 926

Latest Threads