Halal Insurance

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
is this legal? it doesnt sound kosher to me...

Don't laugh....never heard of Halal Holiday Tours? :wink:

Does this really exist?

I have tried insuring the car in Ladypool Rd Highgate and they swear I'm a fucking Jew so they usually try to snipe me with a Dragonov all the way back to Acocks Green.

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
they are obviously a good judge of character Mr Jones, now go pay your premium.

Pararegtom said:
Just to rewind the reality tape Tom.

Meester Bombastic Boom Chugga Boom Chugga He's fantastic Boom Chugga Boom Chugga

It's a Birmingham thing really

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
LancePrivateJones said:
Pararegtom said:

Meester Bombastic Boom Chugga Boom Chugga He's fantastic Boom Chugga Boom Chugga

Against Fact there is no Arguement

Pararegtom said:
LancePrivateJones said:
Pararegtom said:

Against Fact there is no Arguement
Also Sprach Zarathustra.

You're ALS walting as a Para aint choo?

S

stabradop

Just found this (my lappy gave up the ghost so got a second hand desktop yesterday) but I think this might be related to Islamic banking, something about no interest on the account as its considered gambling.

Might be talking out of my dung trumpet though.

stab

It's explained here on the website.....

http://www.salaaminsurance.com/site/Shariah/Islamicinsurance/tabid/89/Default.aspx

By removing all of the elements that are considered “Haram” it offers Muslims the same levels of insurance cover but in a way that does not compromise their beliefs.

These elements include:

Uncertainty and Gambling: In conventional insurance the policyholder loses all of their money (premium) if the covered risk does not occur during the stipulated period. This gives rise to uncertainty, which is Haram. And in cases where the insured against event occurs, the policyholder may receives a large amount of money against a small sum, which describes yet another Haram activity, "maysir" or gambling
Interest: Takaful is completely in accord with Islamic financial principles, hence no 'Riba' (interest) is earned or paid to the policyholder, which would again be Haram.
Christians had similar beleifs at onepoint, even carrying out the their own little "holocaust" on Jews in Britian, when we owed them to much (complete with special "jew badges"). (Circa 1200s).

Remember the Biblical story of Jesus emptying the temple? Of whom? Money men who charged interest.

The Qur'ans take on usury, is similar to a few other instructions inteh book. It is an "outlawing" of behaviour likely to be detrimental to the group at the time. Albeit framed as a religious requirement. In this case against loan sharks.

The Knights Templar, were sort of destroyed similarly to the Jews, (at around the same time) because as bankers, they owned most of Europe and certainly Philip IV of France owed them a bit of cash.

They also did not charge or give interest on moneys, lands or other goods given to their care..... although apparently they may have done a few "naughty, heretical" deals under the table to amass their wealth.

(note. Not incitement to racial violence, just my take on the various religious books).