Halabja chemical weapons: A chance to find the men who armed Saddam.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AIR FILTER, Dec 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Very interesting read

2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

We knew shortly after it happened that some of the chemical components were coming from west Germany. As far as I remember no one was ever investigated or prosecuted. And since it was legal at the time no one will be. I'd like to see them named and made to face public opprobrium though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. [​IMG]

" It iz a great pleasure to meet you Mr Rhumsfled!"

4. Ha they are finally on the trail of the real "Chemical Ali" - "Chemical gALlowaY?"

[​IMG]

5. [​IMG]
    "Und wie haben Sie mochte mein Geschenk der Tschechoslowakei an Sie Herr Fuhrer?

6. So tell me, what weapons did we sell to Herr Hitler?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_and_the_Holocaust

Boom! Headshot! As you Americans say.

7. Now I've still got my mother's Ahnenpas which was all your relatives for three or four generations back and I've also go documents from my uncle who had to change his name to ensure they realised that he wasn't Jewish. However as I recall the US was a principle suplier of small arms ammunition, but of course having embargoed Germany for everything else the Amis couldn't actually tell you that they were breaching the sanctions. I was later to figure out how they did this.

8. Agreed. Gripping and depressing article by John Simpson, but I would think it impossible to tie in the supply of chemical weapons to their clearly illegal use on civilians in Halabja.

Also, I don't understand the scientist's reference to the International Criminal Court, which I think does not have retrospective jurisdiction prior to 2002.

Nevertheless I would be delighted to see the suppliers identified. Apart from anything else, we were potentially at the receiving end of those weapons.

9. Well wouldn't all- but then Bader Meinhof got short shrift for the can of worms they opened re American interests in W Germany

10. Dont get started on this lying lump of excreta, you couldn't make it up, see him being shot down here
    George Galloway Meets Saddam - YouTube
    and this occasion
    George Galloway Praises Syrian Dictator - YouTube
    If ever there was a truly treasonous, avaricious, lying turd its him. Pity they banned the death penalty for the offence! :-(

11. Germans and poison gas? Surely not.

12. Reminds me of a few weeks back when the eyes of the world were focused on the American elections when our David took full advantage of this situation and went over to the middle East to arsse lick and peddle British manufactured weapons .... not that he cared a toss who they killed or maimed.

Like all these types of evil transactions ... It's all about the money generated from such deals at the end of the day!

13. Funnily enough I saw a program about this place on TV last night, possibly Al Jazeera, a guy was rooting around in the remains of the village & when he went into the cellar of a couple of houses he was almost overcome by the stench of Mustard gas. Another bloke said that a few people had died after excavating some sites in the village & hitting pockets of trapped, still very active, gas in the remains of buildings even umpteen years later!

14. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Dunno, but we flogged an awful lot to Sadders back in the day - some of which was used against us (and me personally) in GW1.....