HAIX Nepal Pro

HAIX Nepal Pro

daywalker

LE
Kit Reviewer
A new review has been created: HAIX Nepal Pro

So, I was very Kindly given the opportunity to review the Nepal Pro boot from HAIX, I have had these boots from HAIX for about 3 weeks now so I feel that now is finally the time where I can put pen to paper give an honest report on how they performed. Initially I was very dubious about how they would fair mainly due to all the negative reports I've heard about the military issue HAIX boots however I'm very pleased to report that the Nepal Pro boots do not follow this trend, my initial impressions straight out the box was that they were an extremely well made and high-quality boot. I could tell that the boot has been made with high quality materials and that no cost cutting was made at the expense of durability (or if they did they have hidden it very well!).

The HAIX Nepal Pro is designed for use in cold/wet conditions so it comes with a Gore-Tex waterproof liner, now this does have its downfalls as I found my feet getting quite sweaty and hot in them despite claims that they can be worn in hot weather. These really are designed for use in the areas surrounding the beautiful welsh town of Sennybridge or somewhere equally wet and miserable, but definitely not for someone who finds themselves in an office on a day to day basis. Being constructed from a mix of toughed rubber and Nubuck gives them a very rugged look that would look as good in the pub as they would in the woods, however since it is mainly the uppers that are constructed from nubuck leather you will be unable to take a tin of boot polish when you need to get the clean. I found that a decent hard brush and some hot water did the trick but I realise this may not be to everyone’s fancy especially those who like that parade ground look, however after some serious use over these past weeks these boots still look good as new.

The HAIX Nepal pros were and still are extremely comfy to wear right from the word go and took zero breaking in which really surprised me when I though back to similar boots I've owned that needed weeks of nurturing before I would even contemplate wearing them for anything more than a brisk stroll, this down to in a large part the lacing system that is on these boots. They are laced in in two stages, the first stage goes up to a level roughly in line with the top of the foot where once you have the required fit you lock the laces off. From here you then tighten the remainder of the boot and unlike normal laces where you would tie a knot at the top with these you simply...
Read the full review here...

Review link leads me to an oooolllllldddddd thread.

Whatever happened to PTP, btw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The review is pending as he's putting pictures up tomorrow, but it seems to generate this thread regardless.

Check back in a day or so.:cool: