Haix issue - brown

Thess

Swinger
I was issued with said boots and told that they were to be polished with dark tan...

Severals times on the forums and once within unit I was told that they can turn purple through use of that polish.

Should I polish? Or wait

2/51

LE
Answer to a letter asking the same in Soldier Magazine....

"There have been similar observations regarding the appearance and use of normal boot polish on the new sets of brown boots and, unfortunately, there appears to be no immediate solution to hand.
The range of new footwear which are all commercial off the shelf items, are made from a mix of natural and synthetic materials.
The manufacturer produces an own-brand range of polishes (go to www.haix-bootstore.com for details) but you should be able to use standard cleaning products too.
You might have to indulge in some trial and error regarding the choice of colour though.
The Defence Clothing Team is aware of the user feedback and this will, no doubt, influence the specification of the next generation of issued boots."

Leder-Gris MOD brown seems to be the best match I have found, but it's not cheap.

I'd use the search...
Alternatively read the instructions ;-)

OP: The YDS even comes with it's own gucci polish, shame Haix did'nt follow suit, IIRC, there's also an article in the latest Soldier mag in which it advises using only clear/neutral polis for the current issue brown boots.

Bought a tin of Kiwi Brown polish- it's a bit redder than Pussers brown and it shows when polishing. Ended up getting my hands on a tube of the stuff that comes with the yds boots on my altbergs

I use altberg brown ledergris on brown boots, altberg or not. It works.

My altbergs which were issued in January are starting to go black at the front where I've scuffed them. Despite liberal amounts of leder Gris they still look crap - any suggestions? Other than signing off, that's 16 months from now.

I

Ishtar

Our QMs give us Grey gate wax proofing compound works a treat on Altbergs and Karrimor SFs I have.

I

Ishtar

I was issued with said boots and told that they were to be polished with dark tan...

Severals times on the forums and once within unit I was told that they can turn purple through use of that polish.

Should I polish? Or wait
Everyone rejects HAIX because of the box....the couple are hot but slightly sinister.

image.jpg

Talon

Old-Salt
My altbergs which were issued in January are starting to go black at the front where I've scuffed them. Despite liberal amounts of leder Gris they still look crap - any suggestions? Other than signing off, that's 16 months from now.
Unfortunately that is going to be a problem with any brown boots that scuff like that as the ledergris tends to go dark in the damaged areas. You could try carefully removing the dried ledergris from the leather with some kind of sharp implement and finding some kind of leather restorer or bog standard light brown polish to go over the damaged area before using the ledergris over it.

The alternative is to just ignore it.

Shandy123

War Hero
I've kept the box, just for comedy value.

Latest Threads