HAIX French Army Boots - Review

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ravers submitted a new blog post

HAIX French Army Boots

haix1-150x150.jpg

Time to bang up my thoughts on the second pair of boots I managed to proff on my Germany trip a few months back

These are the new French Army issue Chaussers de Combat Centre Europe, or CdCCEs for short. You'll notice these are brown, which means that you could potentially start seeing a few brits and others wearing them too. The frogs have ordered an initial 180,000 pairs, plus a...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Pocket for the lacing system:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Not Kiwi polish on goretex, I know they were free, but you'll knack them. You want Nikw@x for nubuck & suede.

Nice looking boots though, ta for the review.

Ravers, how about a comparison against something like Lowa Combat boots? I'm getting a new pair soonish and not sure if to deviate from the old tried and trusted Lowa's (brown version now though) and go for these or the Pilgrims.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Ravers, how about a comparison against something like Lowa Combat boots? I'm getting a new pair soonish and not sure if to deviate from the old tried and trusted Lowa's (brown version now though) and go for these or the Pilgrims.
I'd not swap if you like the Lowa boots be a pain if they weren't comfortable. Lowa really are smashing boots.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

They're all nice and I have a pair of each.

Depending on what you're using them for will effect which is best for you.

In my opinion:

Best mountain / cold weather boots: Lowas. I only wear these when I'm doing serious hill stuff in winter now. I find them too bulky for day to day use. On the mountains though, they really are the business. I've had mine for nearly ten years now and they're still going strong.

Best all rounders: HAIX. Love these, I wear them all the time. Comfiest by far. Just a good everyday boot for most situations.

Best looking: AKU. Not much in it between these and the HAIX, but I find drying time to be a bit worse on the AKUs. The soles have better grip on these. Stitching and materials is a thing of beauty and they look cool as ****. The weird colours mean they're harder to keep looking new. There is a lot to be said for a quick going over with some polish. Obviously you can't do this on these.

I am starting to get lost in the various type of boots we are supposed to get; in the past years, I have heard that Meindl, Lowa, a French copy of the Meindl (known to the troop as "Merdelle" BTW) and now Haix are being procured....while, as mentioned above, the "good old" Rangers are still being bought by the train load....what next ?
Meanwhile, in the field, more and more soldiers are using Salomon, both high and low types because they are cool (of course since SF wear them...), easy to get in and out of but offer zero protection and wear off quickly....

I am starting to get lost in the various type of boots we are supposed to get; in the past years, I have heard that Meindl, Lowa, a French copy of the Meindl (known to the troop as "Merdelle" BTW) and now Haix are being procured....while, as mentioned above, the "good old" Rangers are still being bought by the train load....what next ?
Meanwhile, in the field, more and more soldiers are using Salomon, both high and low types because they are cool (of course since SF wear them...), easy to get in and out of but offer zero protection and wear off quickly....

If you have DII access- there you go, all the official issue boots we get.

http://defenceintranet.diif.r.mil.u...nisations/AvMgt/MatSpt/Pages/CbtFootwear.aspx