Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Haix Boot Trial

New Boots arrived today. First impressions are good. Not a fan of the issue Haix boots but these look and feel a whole lot better. (Don't look like a pair of wellies)
Size is slightly larger than issue boots (7) i.e. Altbergs but once i put my orthotic insoles in and shoved a pair of thick wooly socks on they feel pretty snug. Hopefully give them a wee go on a hill at the weekend and see how they like soggy Scottish bogs ;-)

DSCN0093.JPG

Mine have arrived too. The two buckshee pairs of socks in the box were a nice touch.

First impressions are:

• They look really good and hard wearing.
  • I thought they may be a little narrow for my feet but they're a very good fit.
  • I like the idea of the fast lock lacing and the Gucci little pocket to store the excess laces in although I think cold fingers/gloved hand will struggle.
  • The insole is very nice, firm at the heel but a lot softer in the front half.
I haven't taken them out yet for a stomp about in some puddles but overall first impression is that they are an extremely well made bit of kit with some innovative features.

DSCN0093_1.jpg

Mine have arrived too. The two buckshee pairs of socks in the box were a nice touch.

First impressions are:

• They look really good and hard wearing.
  • I thought they may be a little narrow for my feet but they're a very good fit.
  • I like the idea of the fast lock lacing and the Gucci little pocket to store the excess laces in although I think cold fingers/gloved hand will struggle.
  • The insole is very nice, firm at the heel but a lot softer in the front half.
I haven't taken them out yet for a stomp about in some puddles but overall first impression is that they are an extremely well made bit of kit with some innovative features.

View attachment 219255

**** me Spaz..............are you in my house? ;-)

Same as jockparamedic, my Haix boots arrived today. As already alluded to in his spiel, I'll second that they look a lot better than the issue pair, which look a bit like orthopaedic moon shoes, and came with 2 x pairs of Haix socks.

On initial inspection, I'm interested to see how the speed lace system works out and am impressed with the little pouch near the top on the outside of the boots to store the excess laces.

I've got a Reserve intake coming up shortly followed by a full regular 14 weeker in the beginning of November. Shame I didn't get them a week earlier whilst cutting about in Snowdownia!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Good stuff chaps, glad to see they're coming through. I will be sending a link to this thread to HAIX and they will be monitoring it to see how we're getting on.

My original review of the same boots here:

HAIX French Army Boots - Review | Army Rumour Service

Edited to add: I'm getting a "404 Not Found" when I click on the links to the original review in that thread. Anyone else having the same snag?

Any friendly mods fancy having a look into this for us please?

Try this:

HAIX French Army Boots | Army Rumour Service

Last edited:
Little bit of info on the lacing system.

One of the bits of research that has come from Gore and the boot manufactures that they work with, is that squaddies always tuck their laces into their boots. While this might look smart, it creates a wicking effect which allows moisture into the boot.

i.e. your laces will get wet, they will soak up water and eventually that water will deposit itself into your socks which are touching the tucked in bits of laces.

This system that we see on these HAIX boots eliminates any possibility of this. The excess laces do not go inside the boots.

Some shizzle about HAIX's in house quality control and testing:

Our in-house HAIX® tests:

Our shoes are all subjected to in-depth testing at our in-house laboratory
and not only comply with, but exceed all statutory standards and
certificates.
We use a wide range of testing methods to uphold this claim:

Watertightness: In the centrifuge (250 rpm)

In the bath (8 hours, static test)

In the walking simulator, dynamic test in water

Abrasion test (Martindale): For various surface materials, linings,
insoles (wet and dry)

Tensile test: Tear force

Tear propagation force

Separating forces of various materials

Material connections

Impact test (drop test): For protective toe caps

Flame exposure: All materials

Booty-Tester: Leak tightness analysis of lined shafts (booties)

Antistatic properties: Electrical contract resistance

Vapour permeability: Vapour permeability of materials

Long-term flexural behaviour: For soles, joints, insoles

Pressure test: For protective toe caps

Grip: Determination of all slip resistance coefficients

Of shoes with outsoles

SUN-REFLECT test: Light reflection of upper leather using a spectrometer

View attachment 180484View attachment 180486