Haiti president shot dead

Daz

LE
The President of Haiti, Jovenel Moïse, has been shot to death in his home. His wife was wounded in the attack.

It has been claimed* that mercenaries carried out this attack. Any Arrsers not been in the pub recently?

Report from the Sun newspaper US could send troops into Haiti after president's bloody assassination

* BBC clip on Youtube - description of the attackers starts about 1.20.
The links for a video entitled

North American XB-70 Valkyrie - Feature from the National Museum of the USAF​

Okay, but how many troops can fit in the bombay of a bomber?

In my defence, when I posted the thread I could not see it in New Posts, so I went back to browsing Youtube. I still can't see it on New Posts.

In my defence, when I posted the thread I could not see it in New Posts, so I went back to browsing Youtube. I still can't see it on New Posts.
Pity you weren't browsing the rodent website.
I'm sure a different link would have been much appreciated.

From Deutsche Welle, there is talk of highly trained mercenaries masquerading as the DEA.
1625777143234.png

Haiti police kill seven after Jovenel Moise assassination | DW | 08.07.2021

Haitian ambassador to US on France24 on the manhunt for fugitives
'Manhunt continues' over Moïse assassination, Haiti's ambassador to the US tells FRANCE 24

Last edited:
Colombian ex-mil personnel linked to the assassination. Some reports of at least 1 US citizen also involved.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Truth and fiction, hey?
Wasn't a certain Charles calthrop involved in an assassination in that part of the world a few years back?

Where does Freddy get his stories from...
Day of the Jackal, from his time as a Reuters correspondent in Paris.

The Dogs of War? Well there is a rumour that Forsyth was involved in a coup attempt in Equatorial Guinea, which failed when the boat was stopped in Spain. Forsyth denies the rumours but the book does read like a training manual for plotting a coup.

Day of the Jackal, from his time as a Reuters correspondent in Paris.

The Dogs of War? Well there is a rumour that Forsyth was involved in a coup attempt in Equatorial Guinea, which failed when the boat was stopped in Spain. Forsyth denies the rumours but the book does read like a training manual for plotting a coup.
I was being facetious.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Haiti, a true hell on Earth, al least when Papa Doc ran it some things did work.

The interim government, under UN recognised leader Claude Joseph, has rejected the declaration of Joseph Lambert as interim president by a group of Haitian senators. Claude Joseph says the only way to determine a fair outcome is by having an election.

The government has also requested help from the USA and the UN to protect infrastructure and help stabilise the situation. The US has offered assistance from the FBI to help with the criminal investigation but has no plans to send in military help at this time. That is not to say that the possibility has been rejected but that any such intervention would only be made with caution and after consulting the people of Haiti. The situation is complicated and more clarity is required as to what is actually going on behind the scenes.

Haiti senators nominate Joseph Lambert as president | DW | 10.07.2021

Haiti: Interim government requests troops from US, UN to help secure country | DW | 10.07.2021

Haiti requests US, UN troops to secure infrastructure as fears of instability mount

Latest Threads