Hairy Panic in Oz

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Forastero

LE
I love the Aussies, such a simple way with words that mean what they say. Not only does 'hairy panic' knack the neighbourhoods is also causes a disease in sheeps called 'yellow big head.' Hell, there's even a small town called 'Kickatinalong' but what do we get? Slough, Grantham, Grimsby and so on.

I love the Aussies, such a simple way with words that mean what they say. Not only does 'hairy panic' knack the neighbourhoods is also causes a disease in sheeps called 'yellow big head.' Hell, there's even a small town called 'Kickatinalong' but what do we get? Slough, Grantham, Grimsby and so on.

I like the name they gave them really snowy mountains they have.....

It's a good name but I can't quite remember it

Have to go a long way to beat - "Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump".

Lets see, there's Broke (NSW), Chinamans Knob (Vic), Cock Wash (SA), Mount Buggery (SA), Tittybong (Vic), The End of the Wold (Tas), as well as other little delights like Watanobbi, Upotipotpon, Koolyanobbing and Burpengary.

I've posted links before to places on Pit Cairn island which are called "Bitey Bitey " and "Oh Dear"!

Lets see, there's Broke (NSW), Chinamans Knob (Vic), Cock Wash (SA), Mount Buggery (SA), Tittybong (Vic), The End of the Wold (Tas), as well as other little delights like Watanobbi, Upotipotpon, Koolyanobbing and Burpengary.
Only one I've been to is Burpengary. It's a shit pit full of fucking housos.

Christ. Is there anything in Australia that isn't a nuisance, on fire, poisonous, or trying to kill you?

Face it, Australians, the continent's rejecting you.

Oh come on, there's plenty of places in Britain that have interesting or descriptive names. From my old stomping ground in County Durham we have Pity Me and No Place. And don't forget Cockfield. and that's just one county. I'm sure that there are plenty of others.

Then there are the real meanings of foreign names. The river running through my home village is the Gaunless. It's a Viking word. It means Useless.

Is this the Mornington Crescent thread?

In which case Barking, follwed by Cockfosters.