Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Lion_rage, Sep 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm going for basic training in Pirbright on Monday. I'm female and have very long hair, is it possible to keep it long or is it easier to cut shorter? Any tips, girls??
  2. Top tip - shave it all off and get a wig. Better still, get several - different styles and different colours. Wear a different wig for each instructor. When they're in the bar after work and discussing the recruits, they'll be as confused as hell.
  3. It's preferable to be fully shaven ... the hair on your head can be as long as you like ...
  4. It is easier to have reasonably long hair. You wont have to worry about getting it cut all the time during training and keeping it off your collar. Make sure that you can put it into a low bun which looks tidy. Shoulder length and shorter will be too much like hard work. And dont get any short layers cut into it. You end up needing hundreds of grips to keep it back! If it is too long you will end up with a giant bun at the back of your head getting in the way of a beret and helmet! Hope that helps.
  5. Dreadlocks are more practical with winter approaching, Pop in the guardroom on arrival and ask for a trim from the Provo, he does nails and all. Good Luck
  6. Agree with Goose_Rider,show parade this thread with pic showing job done.
  7. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Just make sure that what ever hair style you have when you get issued your beret and helmet is one you're going to have for a while.

Remember some female soldiers getting their berets with their hair down and then being they put it up beret's didn't fit anymore!
  8. Im a guy but I use those two famous shampoo's

I washed it, and it went...

or the other one..

Head 'n' Shoulders

Thats all that left...
  11. Emptyeye - the left mouse button is operated by the right index finger. Do you have the same problem on the ranges? If so, send me a list of the dates when you will be there (so I won't be).
  12. Hair..?
    High & tight!