hair dye

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by cruisecontrol, May 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. whats the score with woman in the army dying there hair if i turned up to work with bleach blond hair i think someone may notice but woman seem to bodyswerve it how?

2. FEMALES – PERSONAL APPEARANCE

7. In accordance with Queen’s Regulations, the following standards of dress and appearance are to be adhered to by all female personnel at the :

a. Hair. The hair is to be neat and worn above the collar. Combs, grips etc, if worn, are to be plain and similar in colour to the hair. Style and colour (if not natural) is not to be of an exaggerated nature.

b. Make-up. Make-up (if worn) is to be inconspicuous. Coloured nail varnish is not to be worn.

c. Jewellery

(1) Parades. On formal parades, watches and jewellery (except wedding rings) are not to be worn.

(2) Other Duties. At other times only wedding, and/or engagement rings and one signet ring may be worn on the hands with uniform. Women may wear a single small sleeper or stud ear-ring in the centre of the lobe of each ear. Rings, studs etc are not to be worn through any other part of the body in uniform, or at any time during operational tours. Watches may be worn in uniform (on either wrist) provided they and their straps are of a sober style and colour. Additional religious accoutrements may be worn where this is mandatory and authority has been granted.

Does that clear things up for you?

You could try reading Part 1 Orders :roll:

3. ill get a copy so i can sit at home and study them like you, dont forget your coco before you get stuck in to QRs. thanks anyway seen as your so clever what does it state for males im sure a person of your intellegence will know.

thankyou

4. Disco provided a factual answer to your gripe, and you get sarkey? Why? Dont start a thread if you dont want answers.

In my experience the only problem comes from the term "exagerated" being used in the rules. One persons perception of exagerated can be vastly different from anothers (normaly the Sqn chain of command).

Any Soldier, male or female who understands the organisation they have joined wont push the boundaries. If hair can be dyed, it can be dyed back - not really a problem is it.

Boney

5. Next your going to say

"whats under my beret is my own"

:wink:

6. MALES – PERSONAL APPEARANCE

7. In accordance with Queen’s Regulations, the following standards of dress and appearance are to be adhered to by all male personnel at the :

a. Hair. The hair is to be neat and short. Dying the hair is done by exceptionally gay men or old people trying to remain hip and young.

b. Make-up. Make-up is to be worn by Goth members of the army at all times when there is an opportunity to upset people and make a "statement". When you are gripped for this you must then whinge at every available chance that this is taking away your freedom of speech.

c. Jewellery

(1) Parades. On formal parades, watches and jewellery (except wedding rings) are not to be worn. This includes Chav multicloured wristbands.

(2) Other Duties. At other times only wedding ring shall be worn. Other jewellery shall not be worn as you're NOT A FCUKING PIRATE. Stating that women get to wear earings so why cant i is a pathetic argument and really very childish. Watches may be worn in uniform (on either wrist) provided they and their straps are of a sober style and colour. This applies to Chav wristbands also. I know they are for charity but as most of them come from that bloke down the market knocking them out for a quid and pocketing the lot it doesn't mean sh1t. Anyway a red nose is for charity but you wouldn't turn up to work wearing one of them now would you. Additional religious accoutrements may be worn where this is mandatory and authority has been granted.

7. LOL Bull, lost a good mouthful of stella you git!!

8. You could always remind the chav tw@t that the're in the Army, not a fcuking boy band.

Oh, fines disco 1 crate for waste of stella!!

Boney

9. thankyou once again im off to dye my hair.

10. Why the different rules for men and women, isn't that sexist? I want to wear some lippy when I go on parade, put my hair in a bun and why can't I wear a skirt...........

the wife lets me!

11. you can be anything you want to be mate, bet you aint got the balls to do it though.

12. why not out RSM is quite liberal (I do hope he doesn't read this thread)

13. he is quite liberal but not that libral mate, do it anyway it would certainly brighten up any parade .(r.s.a )

14. er...it looks really nice? :oops:

15. I keep hearing people go off on one about sidies - halfway up the ear, in line with the top of the ear, in line with George Best's sidies etc etc. I reckon the best solution is that your sidies go in line with whatever the RSM says! Simple.