Hain accused of offering peerage

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, May 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

It seems that as far as Labour sleaze is concerned, it never rains but it pours. The BBC report that Welsh Secretary (and NI Secretary) Peter Hain has been named as the man who offered the late MP Peter Law a peerage.

Full story

Hain, backed up by TCH, accused the man who named him of cowardice. Followers of the Hain creature's antics will know that he is a master of not answering questions and making ad hominem attacks, something he may have learnt from his mates Gerry and Martin.

= it's true.

2. Mr Hain said it was a 'false accusation'

It's definitely true then.

Definitely.

3. You can tell when Hain is lying...his fecking lips move...

4. And he breathes

5. At some point, hopefully not too far distant, I hope some principled individual getting wind of this kind of offer, will obtain incontestable proof that a peerage was being offered to buy their silence. It would be difficult to pull off, but a secretly recorded conversation recorded on a mobile phone might do the trick. The best way to play it post-bribe would be to use parliamentary privilege to ask questions in the house. A la Hain and Hoon, they'd receive the full peacock display of vehement denials; mock anger; affronted pride and angry demands to withdraw the allegations. But our hero could then make it public (being careful to avoid Murdoch) and hit the offender(s) with the full glare of publicity that they deserve and some arrsehole like Max Clifford could fully exploit.

The main hurdle is imagining that such a principled person in a position of power actually exists. History shows us the House of Lords is brimful of corrupt, undeserving ermine-clad tw@s from ALL parties - and many unions, whose greed has got the better of them. They're only there down to corrupt, opportunist acts - and their stench is pretty awful. I don't believe in hell, but if there is one, may they burn in perpetual, excruciating agony. Anyone seeking fairness and real democracy around here is fighting an uphill battle.

I'm angry today.

These people are demanding that I vote for them!

6. if hain is offering peerages then don't be surprised by a lord adams etc

7. My first thought it will look nice on his headed notepaper "Lord Adams of the Falls Road",not to mention "Lord McGuinness of the Bog Side"
    although I can't see either of that pair putting their hands in their pockets to actually pay for any-thing.Rumour has it if Martin mc Guinness goes into a shop in Derry for shoes or suit etc. no money changes hands and they all gush over him.Would make you sick, bunch of sycophants, don't imagine he'll do much shopping in Ballymena

8. Off course he wont take his seat in the Lords under protest!! :D

9. Why doesn't the fake sheikh from the News of the Screws try to buy a peerage?

Perhaps not, given the sycophancy of that particular propaganda rag.

10. In my opinion, I thought it was disgusting that plaid cymru’s Elfyn Llwyd chose to day to make the allegation in the commons that Mr Hain made the approach with Tony Blair approval. (Mr Law stood as an independent in Blaenau Gwent after quitting labour)

This day should have been for Mr Law family and friends to pay there respects