Hail the Black London Cabbie

Fake Sheikh

On ROPS
On ROPs
The black cabs of London waiting on Westminster Bridge to ferry the veterans from Waterloo station to the Cenotaph and back again......for free.
They do this every year, but it never seems to be mentioned in the press.
1573817117034.png

Good on you cabbies.

The black cabs of London waiting on Westminster Bridge to ferry the veterans from Waterloo station to the Cenotaph and back again......for free.
View attachment 430268
Good on you cabbies.
Apart from it being mentioned at least twice on the BBC broadcast of the service I watched.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It's London Black Cab driver, your thread title seems to be inferring a black bloke driving a cab, HTH.
I should add I do know a black, London Cab driver as in he's black as well as the cab :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Londo

LE
View attachment 430268
Good on you cabbies.
I saw a brief mention in the newspapers .

Nice gesture for sure but the prices they charge on normal days is crazy, no wonder Uber and other ride hailing services have had massive success.

Club Swinger

War Hero
View attachment 430268
Good on you cabbies.
I gave this post an i for informative, but it showed up as a like? With a thumbs up?

Total thread drift here, and I do apologise for that, but I have been dying to ask you why you have changed from Crusty Rusty to Fake Sheikh? Your old avatar was bad, but the new one is even worserer.

There, I've said it.

Carry on.

total news embargo as you can see

nothing to see here.jpg
nothing to see here.jpg

Fake Sheikh

On ROPS
On ROPs

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Nice gesture for sure but the prices they charge on normal days is crazy, no wonder Uber and other ride hailing services have had massive success.
Yes, we know that you're a Millenial and Uber is king (in your eyes), but the Hackney Cab in London has iconic status, the drivers train for years to get their badge to drive around London (read up on "The Knowledge"), not just turn up at some grotty office in Aldgate* with a driving licence, a PHV licence (no doubt in someone elses name) and an A-Z of London.
PS I know it's in Aldgate because the stupid fuckers can't even read a Google Map instruction and find the right postcode and keep banging on the door of one of the data centres I work in at all hours thinking it's the Uber HQ!

Club Swinger

War Hero
The Press they mean is printed newspapers
From Crow to Old Salt in 9 days, that is impressive. Still dont see why you had to start again from scratch, and then tell us who you used to be, kind of defeats the object of starting out afresh.

The Avatar you have chosen looks like Paul McGann of TV fame wearing make up and dressed up in panto gear.

Why not start again, pick a decent Avatar, and...don't tell us who you were before....

Club Swinger

War Hero

Londo

LE
Yeah, but apart from that, why is MSM ignoring this? I blame the Libtard left-wing medja.
Most likely for the same reason that the 400 rockets being fired at Israel in one day recently wasn't mentioned or if it was I must have missed it .

Yes, we know that you're a Millenial and Uber is king (in your eyes), but the Hackney Cab in London has iconic status
Screw the status - I've taken the cab quite a few times over the years, but Uber got my back numerous times in the middle of the night and for a third of a cab's asking price.

And there is something called an app on your phone which means even if there is an idiot in the front, you can correct him.

I have done with wasting money with cabs, unless in dire need.

p.s: half of them even don't even take cards - not very convenient when you're in the middle of nowhere. Uber account is linked to my card, so no worries.

What about black cab drivers?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Screw the status - I've taken the cab quite a few times over the years, but Uber got my back numerous times in the middle of the night and for a third of a cab's asking price.

1) And there is something called an app on your phone which means even if there is an idiot in the front, you can correct him.

I have done with wasting money with cabs, unless in dire need.

2) p.s: half of them even don't even take cards - not very convenient when you're in the middle of nowhere. Uber account is linked to my card, so no worries.
1) Why TF should I direct him? he's trying to find his HQ, if he can't find that, then he ain't gonna be much cop as a cab driver, if I need a ride to Streatham, it ain't gonna do me much good when I end up in Tottenham, is it?
2) All black cabs take cards now, I've used 3 in the past week, all equipped.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
True, except in Hackney, where they have rarity status.
Do you blame them? It used to "ooh, Sarf of the River Guv, I don't think so", it's now "Ackney, I'd rather rip my own kidneys out"

Latest Threads