Hague concern as Tony Blairs bodyguards cost £250,000

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Semper_Flexibilis, Jul 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Reports in the papers suggest that the bodyguards think that as Blair is staying in 5 star hotels they should also stay there and have 5 star meals.

They're also being paid huge amounts of overtime as they're considered to be on duty 24 hours a day.

Everything coming out at the moment points to massive waste in the public payroll.

Wordsmith

2. The story says the full cost is £6m a year, the 250 000 is just expenses. I can understand having to cough up for CP when he's on his supposed goodwill missions to the ME (though as he's supposedly there for the Quartet I don't see why they can't chip in), and through gritted teeth I suppose on his blagged holidays too, but on his moneymaking jaunts he ought to cough up the cost himself.

3. Better if he were just left without any protection at no notice, IMHO.

4. I can't see why he should be entitled to unlimited protection at no cost to himself and whatever he does next. He should be paying at least a substantial contribution towards his own CP and covering their accn and miscellaneous costs whenever he requires them to leave the UK with him.

5. He helped bleed Britain dry as PM and continues to do it now with his pensions, allowances and expects the British public to pay to protect the ****, he should be in jail for his crimes against Britain and all his assets stripped to help repay us!!

6. Gold plated policing at it's best! Surely it would serve the public interest better to let the dodgy cnut look after himself.

7. Bin the CP and let the fucker get slotted, would anybody really loose any sleep.

8. It's not just Blair is it?

That Gravy Train just keeps a 'rollin.

9. I don't suppose it could be contracted out to Blackwater?

10. Well,the government will know where to look for cuts.

Blair's publically quoted assets of £20 million are likely to be the tip of the iceberg,with far far more undeclared(and untaxed) wealth lurking below the radar.

This cnut should be in jail,or better still swinging from a rope for his crimes against Britain.

11. It would not give too much away to point out that they have to be with him all the time, that includes sleeping in a room near him and eating at the same time/place so he can be protected. Are you suggesting that his security team should pay for that privilige?

12. Trotsky,

Not ONE penny should come from the public purse to protect this verminous parasite.

13. Matthew Norman: Blair the benefits scrounger - Matthew Norman, Commentators - The Independent

14. The abhorrent little turd of an excuse for a human being should never be able to sleep or eat well, due to guilt over the British deaths and injuries he has been responsible for, starting with his handling of Northern Ireland, then on to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Hotels and lavish meals shouldn't be an issue for anyone with a conscience. He will no doubt believe that the likes of "St. Tony of Blair" have a God given right. Perhaps he'll choke on a succulent meal, or suffocate in an overly fluffy pillow.

As for this odious individuals part in the handling and oversight of the British economy, I'm at a complete loss for words. What an awful mess.

Sadly, our outrage will likely be in vain as the powers that be will continue to pay... and pay... and pay... for his C.P. and his expenses. :(