Had your flu jab?

I was taken in by an attractive young lady pharmacist last week and paid £12.00 for a flu vaccine , she asked me to take my shirt off , jabbed me in the arm , job done , felt a bit rough a few days later ( could be a hang over) , you had yours? having it?

Our company offer this every year gratis. I always get it and haven't had flu for years. I'd recommend getting it as when I've had it in the past, it's always been when I'm on leave...

As a walking tribute to the miracle of modern medicine I have the jab every year. Last year they got it a bit wrong and I got flu then pneumonia. Luckily I got septicemia later in the year so the flu paled into insignificance.

If anyone is wondering what to get me for Christmas I could do with a Mims.

As a walking tribute to the miracle of modern medicine I have the jab every year. Last year they got it a bit wrong and I got flu then pneumonia. Luckily I got septicemia later in the year so the flu paled into insignificance.

If anyone is wondering what to get me for Christmas I could do with a Mims.
Is your nick name 'Lucky'?
And WTF is a Mims?

Why did you pay? I don't have one because I don't have any long term conditions.
Paid because I`m young (ish) and not got any long term conditions :) + I dont fancy three weeks in bed/off work this winter so it seemed like a good idea ?

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Wife is a nurse, I appear to have built up an immunity too all the shitty bugs she is in contact with on a daily basis.
Plus I'll be in Australia in the hot, hot sun, while you lot are sitting in the piss poor cold watching the annual run of rain and floods again.

Then again, I'll probably catch something exotic that will really spoil my day.

No,not yet,checking up with surgery shortly.OAP so no charge.

Wife is a nurse, I appear to have built up an immunity too all the shitty bugs she is in contact with on a daily basis.
Plus I'll be in Australia in the hot, hot sun, while you lot are sitting in the piss poor cold watching the annual run of rain and floods again.

http://www.isg.org.au/index.php/clinical-information/influenza-fast-facts-/
In Australia, influenza on average causes 3,500 deaths,about 18,000 hospitalisations and 300,000 GP consultations each year.

If you don't get eaten by one of the many angry things there.

Being VERY old I get chased round the surgery every year until thrown to the floor and stabbed. Never had any side effects or the flu but whether the latter is down to the jab or the fact that I don't come into contact with the unwashed as much as I used to when working I don't know. I think there's quite a lot of guesswork involved as I understand the WHO has to decide well in advance which strain is going to win Game of Moans in any one year

Being VERY old I get chased round the surgery every year until thrown to the floor and stabbed. Never had any side effects or the flu but whether the latter is down to the jab or the fact that I don't come into contact with the unwashed as much as I used to when working I don't know. I think there's quite a lot of guesswork involved as I understand the WHO has to decide well in advance which strain is going to win Game of Moans in any one year

Yep from what I understand it only covers you against the most "likely" strains.

D

Deleted 15653

The Occy Health roadshow rocked up at the nick last week and between the leaflets on prostate cancer and 5-a-day [apparently cider doesn't count]. They were offering flu jabs. I had one two years ago, then missed a year so I got one this time round. No ill effects.