Had this Email from UCL.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I hope you don’t mind us contacting you. My colleague, Ben, and I are undertaking a DClinPsy course at University College London and our as part of our research project we are collaborating with The Centre for Veteran's Mental Health at King Edward VII's Hospital.

The research is a brief online survey looking at the relationship between the mental health of veteran fathers and the wellbeing of their children. We want to understand more about the important father-child relationship, so we can develop more effective ways to help veterans who are struggling with their mental health, whilst also trying to raise their children. Eligible participants are therefore male veterans (Ex-military/no longer serving) with at least one child aged 4-17.

We are getting in touch to ask whether you might be willing to help us distribute information about our study to enable recruitment of participants
. Perhaps by emailing the information to your attendees or sharing it at one of your breakfast clubs. We also have a twitter page that could be shared: https://twitter.com/UCLVeteran2019

I have attached a short document outlining the study. We have further documents relating to the research including confirmation of our ethics approval from the UCL Research Ethics Committee and I can send you these too but don't want to overload you with information.

We are very grateful for your time and please do let us know if you are able to help or if you have any questions at all.

Kind regards,

Emma Jones and Ben Shanmugam

DClinPsy trainees

UCL

Attachments

One of many key phrases: "breakfast clubs" (FFS 4 pints of milk and 750g cereal <£2.00)

It's another Lefty plea for more Gov't (Taxpayer) money to produce policy based evidence making

Tell them to resign and enrol in Army infantry as Private Pikes. Or ignore/bin

Ah, so it's a: Did we have bad experiences, now suffering flashbacks, repeating nightmares, resulting in substance and alcohol abuse leading us to beat our children.

I saw an interesting statistic when I was a special constable: One in 4 children is abused in one way, shape, or form. I saw more of it with civvie's as a civvy copper and special constable than I ever did in the army both as a padbrat and squaddie.

Ah, so it's a: Did we have bad experiences, now suffering flashbacks, repeating nightmares, resulting in substance and alcohol abuse leading us to beat our children.

I saw an interesting statistic when I was a special constable: One in 4 children is abused in one way, shape, or form. I saw more of it with civvie's as a civvy copper and special constable than I ever did in the army both as a padbrat and squaddie.
If it follows the pattern here, it will not at all be limited to actual "beating" of children but will include anything that does not fit within the current post-modern view of what constitutes "appropriate paternal behavior" and guess what all that may include?

Sounds like another spin on the ACEs theory that our Retard in charge got all excited about when someone read it to him. Adverse Childhood Experiences; you fall over and graze your knee when you're 6 and now you're a drug addict so its not your fault.

And when it was explained to me initially with the facts and figures on powerpoint I thought, well maybe there's something in it, though did sound a bit too easy? Then I had a think and a bit of a read and realised I did have a minor issue with it:

Its a load of bollox!

Been kicking around since 98 and is basically the nature/nurture argument but with nature written out completely. Its called something else to hide the fact that that's what it is and has ballooned in popularity in recent years with academics (I'm sure the age of the academics involved has nothing to do with that). Obviously if you call it what it is then you'd be dead in the water (though you cant have a counter argument supporting nature as then you're a Eugenics supporting Nazi).

Main thing that did it for me was we have a well known scrote who is one of those walking crimewaves the type that even Probies know her name by the end of their first shift.
I think I'm the only person who knows her sisters name in the Nick.
Her twin sister that is, who is lovely and I only know it as we used to work together.

So while I may tick their boxes for their study.
I'm out.

The older I grow the more I hear about such things and it makes me realise how incredibly lucky I am and should feel. Furthermore, my old man went through Tidworth, North Africa, Italy, D-Day, Belgium, Holland, Germany and OCTU at Pirbright/Barnard Castle and nary a hint of flashbacks or nightmares or ill treatment of me and my bro to this day (105th birthday in October)..

If it follows the pattern here, it will not at all be limited to actual "beating" of children but will include anything that does not fit within the current post-modern view of what constitutes "appropriate paternal behavior" and guess what all that may include?
Send them a copy of the Great Santini, and tell them to get on with it!

I hope you don’t mind us contacting you. My colleague, Ben, and I are undertaking a DClinPsy course at University College London and our as part of our research project we are collaborating with The Centre for Veteran's Mental Health at King Edward VII's Hospital.

The research is a brief online survey looking at the relationship between the mental health of veteran fathers and the wellbeing of their children. We want to understand more about the important father-child relationship, so we can develop more effective ways to help veterans who are struggling with their mental health, whilst also trying to raise their children. Eligible participants are therefore male veterans (Ex-military/no longer serving) with at least one child aged 4-17.

We are getting in touch to ask whether you might be willing to help us distribute information about our study to enable recruitment of participants
. Perhaps by emailing the information to your attendees or sharing it at one of your breakfast clubs. We also have a twitter page that could be shared: https://twitter.com/UCLVeteran2019

I have attached a short document outlining the study. We have further documents relating to the research including confirmation of our ethics approval from the UCL Research Ethics Committee and I can send you these too but don't want to overload you with information.

We are very grateful for your time and please do let us know if you are able to help or if you have any questions at all.

Kind regards,

Emma Jones and Ben Shanmugam

DClinPsy trainees

UCL
See you are a big player on arrse and should take this as being like near god status & a great fall from grace will occur when you are found out really to be a Price Andrew character in reality.

Latest Threads