Had a low score at the grenade test

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by simsky, Mar 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Will the army still let you join if you have a very low score at the L109A1 grenade test (retain information) but very high score at the BARB (over 80) and pass 1.5 mile run (10 mins)
  2. Erm, well you get a grade at the end of ADSC reflecting the whole application process. they tell you if you got accepted lol. But grenade wise.............il just stand this far away from you........over..................................................................................HERE! :)
  3. The grenade test is piss easy anyway, so I wouldn't worry. If a primary school child got less than 8/10 I'd be worried for its mental health.
  4. I wouldnt worry about the grenade test they give you the answers anyway lol
  5. Ummmm, not really the case...

The grenade test is to see if you can retain information. You may be the Fittest Man In NATO but if you cannot remember eg. orders, standard operating procedures or when friendly patrols are due in, you'd be a liability.
  6. Just out of interest, what exactly does the grenade test entail? Is it types of grenades that they have to remember, or their component parts, or specifications? Or something else entirely?
  7. Lesson on how to throw it ( hold pin, throw GRENADE BIT )

They then do it next day, to see what info they can retain.
  8. This is one of those tests where you know instantly whether you've passed or failed... ;)
  9. And everyone else knows from the gentle drizzle of what was once PR Number 02 :)
  10. It might be different each time they do it, but we just had to remember how long the fuse was, at what range it's lethal and what range it can injure someone, what the text says on the outside, and what color the text was. And a few others which were mostly the same but about the dummy grenade and not a live one.
  11. They told us the answers when i went and someone still got one wrong!
  12. Never mind, sugar - just as long as you can complete 'Cleaning After Firing'.

.............and remember the correct size of flanalette!
  13. err . . . if they hadn't told you the answers - you would you have had nothin to retain for the test . . . . . shurely?