Had a clap?

I applaud the health workers by paying their wages and pensions.
I also do not look to the social media or MSM for a que to show my appreciation of effort so I didn't know anything about this until Mrs Biff mentioned it about 2230.
It probably won't surprise you that my response was along the lines of "Virtue signalling, meaningless bollocks".
I appreciate the efforts of our NHS without having to make a public display of it.
My DiL is a practice manager and my grandson is a virologist with PHE working on the CV issue, I appreciate them every day without having to tell my neighbours.

Next: Let's smash the windows of those that don't clap, wail or rent their cloth.

Un British bollocks.

Harrumph!

I applaud the health workers by paying their wages and pensions.
I also do not look to the social media or MSM for a que to show my appreciation of effort so I didn't know anything about this until Mrs Biff mentioned it about 2230.
It probably won't surprise you that my response was along the lines of "Virtue signalling, meaningless bollocks".
I appreciate the efforts of our NHS without having to make a public display of it.
My DiL is a practice manager and my grandson is a virologist with PHE working on the CV issue, I appreciate them every day without having to tell my neighbours.

Next: Let's smash the windows of those that don't clap, wail or rent their cloth.

Un British bollocks.

Harrumph!
It's as cringeworthy as the reaction to Diana's car/tunnel interface.

Had to laugh at this quote.

And BBC Radio 1 DJ Greg James also praised the salute on Twitter.
He wrote: "Oh my God that was properly brilliant wasn't it.
"Also, most brilliantly British thing ever bashing pots and pans.

Errr Greg, back in the 70 and 80's in Belfast it was a very anti British thing to do.
It's hardly fending off a terrorist with a Narwhal Tusk level of Britishness either

I nearly opened the door just to see if our little cul-de-sac was taking part, but when I heard the neighbours bashing pans and clapping I realised I might have to speak to the fools and came to my senses and decided against it. They probably think I'm a miserable tw@t anyway and they wouldn't be far wrong, but it's a bit cringeworthy.

My missus decided to appreciate the NHS by watching an episode of Holby City and wondering what the bloody noise was outside... Seriously... The number of soft friends she has on Facebook that have been sending links about the clapathon yet none of it registered with her... quite proud that she refrained from the cringe-fest...

I'm glad it's not just me. I didn't go out and clap. I stayed in and will do more to help the NHS tomorrow by staying in and not pushing in at the supermarket at 09:00.
This country is getting more and more stupid by the day.

Hopefully next time the poor feckers grinding their lives away in an underfunded and politically mismanaged NHS mention their resources deficit, those clapping will pause briefly to pay their taxes and vote for whichever politician looks set to actually support the service.

How about the clappy folk actually stay the hell indoors.

On day to day basis actually comply with the rules laid down by government, thus helping to prevent covid-19 being spread and cv patients thus needing a hospital bed, consider the part they played in ram raiding the supermarkets, so that NHS workers (and all workers) actually had/have zero food and ass wipe to purchase in the supermarkets etc at end of shift.

Support the NHS 100 per cent absolutely, but going all clappy is just for show, 'proper remembering like'. It is just another version of those who were on their knees in church for hour on a sunday, (make your own jokes), being all holier than thou and being seen to be, yet for the rest of the week trample on everyone like dirt beneath their feet.

If there are any of those young stressed female medics/nurses needing some post shift counselling, being a fella of much benevolence i offer them my services, masks optional.

Jammy66

War Hero
Bloody hell some of you are such miserable gits! It was a bit of an 'event' at a time when many are bored out of their minds, something to take part in, and from some comments I've read elsewhere, very much appreciated by those it was intended for.

Come next January when we really leave the EU and Boris is having to secure new trade deals, I think he's got the message tonight that if he does actually try to sell the NHS to Trump he'll be out of a job PDQ!

I went upstairs to the roof at 1955 this evening. Firstly the police helicopter flew over with a siren blaring from an underslung speaker. At precisely 2000 nothing happened. No clapping, nothing. Day 12 and we’re all bored with clapping the emergency services.

Bogie_Bear

War Hero
I thought my neighbours had gone batshit - I know we're all bored but I thought applauding me for putting the bins out last night was a bit weird.

Bloody hell some of you are such miserable gits! It was a bit of an 'event' at a time when many are bored out of their minds, something to take part in, and from some comments I've read elsewhere, very much appreciated by those it was intended for.

Come next January when we really leave the EU and Boris is having to secure new trade deals, I think he's got the message tonight that if he does actually try to sell the NHS to Trump he'll be out of a job PDQ!
Don't forget, 'chlorinated chicken', you hysterical fvckwit. With his massive majority, I really hope he does sell it off, just to make halfwits like you swoon.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
After participating due to my daughter being a nurse, I felt it appropriate to post this little message on FB with heartfelt warmth:-
"Ok, you've all clapped your little hearts out for the NHS, now help out in another way and f'kin stay indoors as requested, no weekend parties, no picnics in the park, no treks around beauty spots with the family after you've driven for an hour, JUST STAY INDOORS!!"

After participating due to my daughter being a nurse, I felt it appropriate to post this little message on FB with heartfelt warmth:-
"Ok, you've all clapped your little hearts out for the NHS, now help out in another way and f'kin stay indoors as requested, no weekend parties, no picnics in the park, no treks around beauty spots with the family after you've driven for an hour, JUST STAY INDOORS!!"
Ok ok, what about a bbq? We allowed that with some neighbours, just a few, I recon 12 at most, can’t hurt can it?

Seen on FB just now 'I didn't clap because no-one clapped me when I got home from my tours'. This is the type of entitled veteran I bloody hate.

Latest Threads