Had a clap?

Good turn out round here. Car horns too.

Wooden Wonder

War Hero
Yes, my little Lane here in ‘erefordshire put on a good show. One of the residents is a senior administrator covering two local hospitals; retired senior police officer then took up her new job last year. Poor woman is being run ragged.

No clapping seal herds heard here. Maybe we feel more inclined towards:

"Good that you're doing your job we pay you to"

Clap for the >500,000 who have volunteered to work for free in NHS facilities and businesses giving NHS staff free food & beverages

HHH

GCM
Yes, good turn out in our street as well.

You’re not the only one, only I don’t feel like a traitor
I'm glad it's not just me. I didn't go out and clap. I stayed in and will do more to help the NHS tomorrow by staying in and not pushing in at the supermarket at 09:00.
This country is getting more and more stupid by the day.

My little corner of Cumbria went wild, clapping, cheering, whistles, whooping and fireworks.

We’ve (Royal ‘we’, not me!) been clapping at 20:00 for our emergency services since before day one of the enforced isolation. The first three nights were audible but after 11 days I don’t think anyone is bothering anymore... I shall venture up to the roof later and see.

I'm glad that we've been able to do our bit to help the NHS by clapping tonight - but it may not be enough. Let's try to get "tits out for the NHS" as a thing for next week so we beat this virus together.
Well, getting ones tits out for charity is a definite thing, so maybe you should go ahead and organise it ...

I'm glad that we've been able to do our bit to help the NHS by clapping tonight - but it may not be enough. Let's try to get "tits out for the NHS" as a thing for next week so we beat this virus together.
I can see that catching on big time, where do I sign up, (no I haven't got tits)

No clapping seal herds heard here. Maybe we feel more inclined towards:

"Good that you're doing your job we pay you to"

Clap for the >500,000 who have volunteered to work for free in NHS facilities and businesses giving NHS staff free food & beverages
Oh boy your a bundle of joy!

My little corner of Cumbria went wild, clapping, cheering, whistles, whooping and fireworks.
What, a POP on the M6? Really? Bizarre.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
could hear clapping coming from every corner of the village, nice to see a good British response for a change, now back to the bunker
All four houses?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Loads on my quiet little backwater street in ' virus-ridden Hampshire '

I was applauding:
- good mate's daughter who is a Sister in Bournemouth General
- " " " Son-in-law who is a Nurse in the Intensive Care Ward in Southampton General
- the staff in the same GICU , and those in St Thomas' London ECMO team , without whom I would certainly have died this time in 2018.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
I also applaud the NHS, in which I did my training and continue to use as a patient.

Now spare a thought for the equally qualified staff in privately owned nursing homes; equally qualified, often more experienced, less well equipped, paid, and publicly respected. Excluded from care staff times in supermarkets.
And lorry drivers

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nope, not doing it, especially when it's for just one lot, no mention of everybody else doing their bit, squaddies, fire, police, truck drivers, shop folk etc. Just yet another NHS "we're so special" ploy.

I once caught the clap from a nurse - does that count?

I'm glad it's not just me. I didn't go out and clap. I stayed in and will do more to help the NHS tomorrow by staying in and not pushing in at the supermarket at 09:00.
This country is getting more and more stupid by the day.
I didn't either, and also do not feel deserving of a white feather. Lots of people are keeping the show on the road, including the team who emptied our bins this morning, I will go to sea in a bucket before there is a clapathon for the binmen, posties,telecoms engineers, coppers, Trumpton, septic tank emptiers, the list goes on. For once we really are all in this together. The frontline, and second line staff in the NHS are mustard, the ones who failed to equip / store sufficient PPE should be sacked immediately.

Pleasantly surprised at the local response to the “clap to support the NHS”. Went out side at 20:00 and lo so did a lot of others and much clapping was heard. Wasn’t expecting that.
Sorry, I was watching Predator 2 on DVD while imbibing a couple of glasses of port (self medicating) and didn't hear about this clapping thing until BBC news at 10....

Edited to add that my wife said what about the supermarket staff who have kept the shops running and have had to put up with sh*t from panicking selfish muppets for the past 2-3 weeks...

Last edited:

Latest Threads