Had a clap?

Pleasantly surprised at the local response to the “clap to support the NHS”. Went out side at 20:00 and lo so did a lot of others and much clapping was heard. Wasn’t expecting that.

Same here, in south London.

Although my missus stood on a load of my work that was on the bed, just so she could clap out of the window.

Deece

Swinger
good response in godalming surrey, Doris a bit too energentic with a pan and ladel which to me sound like two mess tins being banged together......

I live one mile from the one of the biggest UK hospitals, many health workers near me. Made new years eve sound like a library. Welling up as I did so.

Getting too soft in my old age.

could hear clapping coming from every corner of the village, nice to see a good British response for a change, now back to the bunker

Any fit nurses around I'm happy to give them the a clap

Yes,I'm in a culdesac of 8 and they were all out even my next door neighbour Pat in her mid eighties was at her front door in her dressing gown. Bless.

only house in the cul de 'sac that didn't have a door open and occupants clapping was the one across the road

They are forgiven , Anne is a GP, and is never at home these days , and her oldest Daughter Laura is a trainee surgeon, but doing general junior doctor duties
I think husband and other daughter , Phil and Emma have given much more than any of us have given already

Fook, no. Far too reserved for that shite.

Oh.

Clap.

Sorry.

My mistake.

Boxy

GCM
It would appear that I was the only one on my bit that wasn't out clapping or blowing whistles.

I feel like a traitor
You’re not the only one, only I don’t feel like a traitor

Unremarkable

Old-Salt
I also applaud the NHS, in which I did my training and continue to use as a patient.

Now spare a thought for the equally qualified staff in privately owned nursing homes; equally qualified, often more experienced, less well equipped, paid, and publicly respected. Excluded from care staff times in supermarkets.

3ToedSloth

Old-Salt
I'm glad that we've been able to do our bit to help the NHS by clapping tonight - but it may not be enough. Let's try to get "tits out for the NHS" as a thing for next week so we beat this virus together.

I'm glad that we've been able to do our bit to help the NHS by clapping tonight - but it may not be enough. Let's try to get "tits out for the NHS" as a thing for next week so we beat this virus together.
Maybe a bit earlier as well. Coupled with BST that would give the NHS staff a much needed morale boost as it would still be light by then :)

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
It was a bit like North Korea, in that it felt like everyone was scared to stop clapping first, to be honest.

But, lovely sentiment and a real sense of everyone being on-side.

I don't think my dance of the Zulu warrior went down too well.

We had a couple of the neighbours clapping, fair one tbh. Seeing as they knock the door before they even consider ringing 999 usually.

Still, they know swmbo is a critical care nurse who's walking into the thick of it.

Size 7. Lots of nice lady shoes.
I've upped her life insurance as well.

I had a looksee out of the window to see if anybody in my corner of Nottingham was observing this. Not a one. Having said that, they're probably all afraid of getting shot. (I jest not - last year someone was shot in their car not very far from where I live and there have been a number of others locally over the years).

This nothing but a media-driven thing rather than being spontaneous and picked up by others

Latest Threads