Discussion in 'Infantry' started by _yo_, Nov 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know of a website that sells good quality hackles? I'm posted away from my unit and need a few desperately, mine looks like its been shot 4000 times.
  2. check your pm's :D
  3. just pick up a dead bird from the gutter and stick a coat hanger up its 'arris - sorted! :lol:
  4. Steady on!
  5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

6. do REME attached to Fusilier units actually wear these?

Attached Files:

7. You really are very special! :D
  8. I know! :wink: But I never served with a Fusilier unit so wouldn't know for certain. Strange things happen in the army - like drinking out of pi55 pots and wearing cravats!

9. OK, to enlighten you - all ranks posted to RRF units wear the red and white RRF hackle. Other units wear hackles too, but as you rightly say everyone has their own customs, so the rules on wearing hackles will vary.

Must admit I thought that the REME hackle was a photoshop'd WAH, but it looks like there is a REME pipe band who wear them in their bonnets. Outstanding!
  10. Is that a question?
  11. I was once on a course circa late 70's. Boring as hell classroom job. The bloke who sat behind me in the classroom was a fusilier. Imagine his surprise when I swung round and torched his bloody hackle with my trusty Zippo. My how we laughed!! Really lightened the course up! :wink: :D :D
  12. If you were a decent bloke you could phone up a mate in the Battalion and trust him to send you one in the post.