Hackle help

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Gee Dubya, Aug 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I am having some trouble keeping my hackle from moving whilst in the holding part of behind the cap badge (behind the convex part of the RRF badge) and was wondering if there are any tips/tricks to fixing it in place so I don't look so ridiculous when it moves as I move my head!

I have searched the forum for help but nothing relevant came up.

any help would be appreciated!

Gee Dubya
  2. When I was a RRF cadet, some kids used to slide the hackle into the slit where some cap badges slide in. This meant it could easily be taken out on exercises, in the rain etc, and was not actually attached to the cap badge.
  3. My oppo in the Royal Welsh used to use blue tac.
  4. Ive a cracking idea, put the ******* hideous thing in a petrol soaked shoebox full of timber shavings and belly button lint and fire it up, I'd rather wear a hoover bag full of feral cats as a lid than a hackle..
  5. Cheers for the help guys, unfortunately blonde I've gashed up that slit with my 'distance' challenged cutting abilities :( I reckon the blu tac might have hit the nail on the head though Bee_Gee!

Juan, unfortunately I converted from using open hearths to the more conventional gas oven some time ago and am suffering from a shortage of timber shavings! alas, your suggestion is not possible at this time.

Thanks again guys

6. loads of tape round the bottom and a safty pin works fine with a caubeen