Hacked - Help

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Mikal, Feb 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thye more determined half has a website which is used for source photos for free by various wildlife charities.

The normal link is www.naturegallery.org.uk There was a hole which she patched yesterday but clearly the pleasant little so and so has left something behind to let himself back in. I suspect a script kiddie but Joomla nad it's extensions are nothing to me so suitable help and advice on recovering things to a normal state.

Many thanks.

Hacked again.jpg
  2. Judsging by Google whoever it is has been very busy. Over 15 pages of hacked sites.
  3. I don't have a Facebook account so can't even report he/she/it.
  4. Thanks for your answer - I'll ask het to check in case anything from hte Wordpress forum which might help out.
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

who hosts the site? they or you should have a backup snapshot which can go back up to replace it after deleting this one. but not visible to the public until its patched then opened up again.

usually you lose the latest stuff but its better than nothing.
  6. She's done this twice. I've double checked the version of all her extensions etc. but the so and so keeps getting in. So for now the site is pulled.
  7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I'd say it falls back to the host server. have their other customers been hit?