HAC

Does anyone know anything about the HAC (Honourable Artillery Company) jobs, roles, training exercies etc. and adventerous training. It seems to be a bit secretative?

Much better rations. Met up with a gaggle (not sure of the collective noun for barristers, stock-brokers et al) on Otterburn, tucking in to a Fortnum's hamper. Wasn't offered foie gras on a cracker, either.

right - for some reason my computer wouldn't let me onto their site - it keeps crashing. having said that i've been on their website now from an internet cafe and its very informative thanks call_me_jack... for your erm...inspiration.

Top tip? Don't get your admin screwed up by APC....

It's a bloody good regiment. Ignore all the balls about Hampers on Ex, it's just a good solid TA unit that hasn't been raped by Options, SDR and SDR NC.

Oh, and don't be surprised if half the course are called James, and you're in the 5% of the course whose school was free.

Or do a search on here about them. There has been enough balls posted up.

Believe half of what you read on here about them though as most of it is posted by people who 'once met them in....' and know fek all.

There are a few on here who know a bit, ask and we shall try to help.

Sapukay - That was my line on Tuesday eve you plagerist!!!

I worked with them in Basra. A good bunch of guys all round! Their Officers were all city boys though with million£ bonuses in their pockets around Xmas! Their Juniors were a mixture of junior city guys and stress out civil servants from London. Bloody good at smuggling booze and a bloody good laugh!!!!

Some were cuntychops though!

Carlos_Hathcock_II said:
Sapukay - That was my line on Tuesday eve you plagerist!!!
Guilty, always steal from those older and wiser!

Although my visit to the recruits locker room on the current courses first night (to mooch their iron and rib "mini-man") revealed that at least 50% of the current course that I talked to (limited to a sample of half a dozen) were called James too. There must be something in it.....

Try any of these links:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=40989/highlight=HAC.html
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=31081/highlight=HAC.html
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=35062/highlight=HAC.html
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=31080/highlight=HAC.html

(All found by searching for HAC and Carlos_Hathcock_II )

This comes up every couple of months, can we write a "joining the HAC" sticky? (Along with a "joining 4 Para" sticky, these units seem to get the most questions)

The next potential recruits open evening I believe will be Tues 05 Dec, 1830 for 1900 at Armoury House, jacket and tie.

Many moons ago, I visited London Soldier. Loads of units took my details, the HAC were one of only 2 to follow up.

Admin of this nature is most alarming, and suggests the HAC might do jolly peculiar things, like send out joining instructions PRIOR to courses & weekends. Do they really engage in such un-TA like behaviour?

Pork_Pie said:
Many moons ago, I visited London Soldier. Loads of units took my details, the HAC were one of only 2 to follow up.

Admin of this nature is most alarming, and suggests the HAC might do jolly peculiar things, like send out joining instructions PRIOR to courses & weekends. Do they really engage in such un-TA like behaviour?
I believe that it is some old fashioned thing called manners- they do strange things like that ;)

Sapukay said:
Oh, and don't be surprised if half the course are called James, and you're in the 5% of the course whose school was free.
Isn't that some sort of initiation right in the HAC? If you're up to a certain standard you're allowed to call yourself James, kind of like the Monty Python sketch in which they're all called Bruce. It makes it less confusing you see, less names to remember...

The_Green_Manalishi said:
....kind of like the Monty Python sketch in which they're all called Bruce. It makes it less confusing you see, less names to remember...
'Course some of the rules ("No puftas"!) wouldn't make it past the Equal Opps regs now.

Still, at least you'd get the name right.

FF.