HAC

By the website, it says that the HAC is open for potential recruits the first Tuesday of every month (i.e. next Tuesday). Is this correct?

Yes that is correct.

You will need to be there on time (I think for 1800), and dressed in a suit and tie. (or if female the equiviant) No jeans, t-shirt trainers etc.

You will be given a brief tour of the location, a presentation show and told what the Regt can offer to you, and then be shown into the bar and asked what you can offer the Regt.

Dont be fooled, it may look like an old drinking club when you turn up, but they soldier harder than they play.

Carlos_Hathcock_II said:
Yes that is correct.

You will need to be there on time (I think for 1800), and dressed in a suit and tie. (or if female the equiviant) No jeans, t-shirt trainers etc.

You will be given a brief tour of the location, a presentation show and told what the Regt can offer to you, and then be shown into the bar and asked what you can offer the Regt.

Dont be fooled, it may look like an old drinking club when you turn up, but they soldier harder than they play.
1900 by the w/s?

If it says 1900 on the website then that is correct. It is some time since I did a PR evening.
And yes it is next Tuesday.

Met a few HAC and had a medic from them in Kosovo.They are really really good , always on the lash
and quite a few characters in there ranks .By far the best TA unit i have come across .And i am a Reg.

U

uncle_ho

I have heard very good things about them too. Is it true they have the same ranks as guards regiments ? do they have lance and gold sergeants ? Also i seem to remeber talking to a Grenadier C/SGT (regular) who was attached to them and had nothing but praise for them.

Our rank structure is based on the Grenadier Guards.

Trooper
Cpl
LSgt
Sgt
CSgt (Pay Sgt for a Sqn Q bloke)

etc........

I know, the Trooper bit comes from the other Regt that we get our PSI's from.

Captain_Calamity said:
The old classic "other Regt".

Yawn.....

You did ask, If you dont like the answer no need to take the pish. :roll:

Gunner......Ah NO!

On the piss with said psi and a few HAC in north Devon about 3 years ago .
Cannot remember the name of the camp near bideford .A good night .

HAC are a great bunch of guys on the urine. I have and shall continue to support the HAC Balls - thoroughly entertaining evenings.

Was also entertained by them whilest at Brecon. Good NCO's.

Carlos_Hathcock_II said:
Rubbish, as if the oldest regt in the Army is going to name its privates after the privates in a regt that has only been around since ww2.

The HAC are not in UKSF. Get over it.

Why dont you shout about your facilities at armoury house and the great functions that you have. I have been to a few and they were tops.

Your good blokes are let down by the ones who claim afilliation with 'speshul forces'.

Its a chill out place for Hereford SNCO'S before they move on .
I have no memories of HAC bigtiming it , they seem just happy to
have Hereford chaps there .

B

benjaminw1

Well, after the fun, as far as I can remember what a Pay Bloke told me....

Trooper was a compromise between the Inf Bn - Private; and the RHA - Gunner, when the New Role was introduced in 1973....

Or I may be talking @@rse

Sapukay said:
Carlos_Hathcock_II said:
Ah, the Royal Horse Artillery.

Well there is one of those!

Student Grant.....

What can I say......
If what you say is true, why then are the Sabre Sqns called SABRE Sqns???

If you want a Regt history lesson I will happily give you one via pm, but until you know what you are jawing about.... give it a rest cos your wrong.
If I banged on about the top knotch location et al then people would think that was all we did - party. But as the Regt is alot more than that and 99% of people here dont know then I will gently educate them. You obviously have been there a few times and prob dont know as much as you think you do... and as for guys trying to say we are spushial froces, we are not. We do a difficult job that is different to most. Thats all. Anyone, even you could prob do it...if you passed the selection course.