HAC - worth joining?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by AndyPipkin, May 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I went to their open day tonite, they had an Apache and a Chinook there. I got talking to one of the HAC recruiters, like me a solicitor during the week. He said they take new recruits up to age 43! That puts me well within the age bracket. He asked me to fill in a contact form re a familiarisation visit next month. Like a fool, I did - I head out to Iraq next week :cry:

Seriously tho, worth doing?
  2. Well they are SF after all.....

Sorry I couldn't help it!
  3. If you do you can proudly say you are/have served.

Yes people from other Units will take the urine and hopefully you will return the compliment.

Do it, you will only regret it later if you don't.

4. More like Special NEEDS if they let Andy join... :roll:

I could'nt help it either! :oops: :twisted:
  5. JJ - erm yes. Read and replied, thanks!
  6. Crack on big feller!

You won't regret it. Well that's not strictly true - you may regret it when you're shivering on a hillside in Brecon but its worth it.
  7. Or shooting at the local police...and missing :D
  8. Heh. Didn't that punter fail recruit selection anyway? Perhaps he never quite got the grip of the marksmanship principles?
  9. Certainly their website is very interesting. Lots of clubs and sports teams and suchlike. I'll deffo go to the induction thing and take it from there.
  10. Andy, as an ex-HAC guy, of course I'd say this but it's definately worth it. You'll never make better friends, or have quite the same experiences again.

The Regt. takes on all sorts, and everyone is equal and starts as a Trooper. The messing is also together - you can end up with quite an eclectic mix.

Although it's core role is STA, not everyone is interested in sitting in a hole on a wet and windy hillside, and there are other opportunities as well.

Hopefully if you've given them your details, they should contact you, however why not turn up for a recruiting evening (first Tuesday of every month IIRC) when you can have a proper talk in a less fraught atmosphere, and the beer's free.

Oh, and don't listen to any of this 'Special Forces' talk. The HAC isn't, and never has been. We'er just rather good at what we do, and the rest of the Army is plain jealous. ;)

You can PM me if you have any specific questions, but I'm a couple of years out of date and you'd probably do better to go through the recruiting cell.

11. MTS is right. But slightly dyslexic..still.
    Gawd, how the fack we used to trust his team with nukes I'll never know...tsk. Anyway, go for it. Better to be one who tried rather than one who got an owl. Or three.
  12. I'm biased but I would say go for it. You never know, you may just suprise yourself and pass and find it is the best thing you have ever done.