• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

HAC Question

#3
destroyer said:
Can members of the HAC do the wings course after phase 2 training?
A number of people have gone on jumps courses, including some who have jumped with the army display team.

I don't recall anyone wearing wings though.

PB
 
#7
I think the greatest quality required for service in the HAC must be the ability to put up with having the p!ss ripped out of you mercilessly by the rest of the army.

The bloody RAF regiment don't get this much stick!
 
#9
EX_STAB said:
I think the greatest quality required for service in the HAC must be the ability to put up with having the p!ss ripped out of you mercilessly by the rest of the army.

The bloody RAF regiment don't get this much stick!
I don't know what you mean ;)
 
#10
destroyer said:
Can members of the HAC do the wings course after phase 2 training?

Of course..... :roll: :roll:



You just have to transfer to a unit that has an Airbourne requirement, then pass P Coy or any other test needed and then off you go..into the big blue yonder. :p
 
#11
Bailey said:
Of course. The most obvious ways are to transfer to 4 Para and pass P Coy or to transfer to 21 SAS and pass Selection, rather depends what style of badge you want to collect.

Ahhh Bugger!!! Should have checked all the posts before I replied.
 
#13
Perhaps I should have been clearer. I am fully aware that those who have passed selection, the AACC or P-company are entitled to do the basic mil para course. What I wanted to know was whether passing the Patrol selection course ( I believe their phase 2 training) entitles a HAC trooper to do the para course without having to do P-company. I am led to understand that the PSC is far more arduous than P company. If it is indeed as difficult as I am led to believe does passing the PSC entitle you to go straight to Brize, without having to do p-company.
 
#14
destroyer said:
Perhaps I should have been clearer. I am fully aware that those who have passed selection, the AACC or P-company are entitled to do the basic mil para course. What I wanted to know was whether passing the Patrol selection course ( I believe their phase 2 training) entitles a HAC trooper to do the para course without having to do P-company. I am led to understand that the PSC is far more arduous than P company. If it is indeed as difficult as I am led to believe does passing the PSC entitle you to go straight to Brize, without having to do p-company.
:lol: INCOMING!
 
#16
destroyer said:
Perhaps I should have been clearer. I am fully aware that those who have passed selection, the AACC or P-company are entitled to do the basic mil para course. What I wanted to know was whether passing the Patrol selection course ( I believe their phase 2 training) entitles a HAC trooper to do the para course without having to do P-company. I am led to understand that the PSC is far more arduous than P company. If it is indeed as difficult as I am led to believe does passing the PSC entitle you to go straight to Brize, without having to do p-company.
The real issue is nothing to do with fitness, it is justifying to the bean counters why you should do the course.

The HAC has no para role and therefore no way of justifying the expense.

Of course if you are in the HAC you probably just give the RAF a couple of new C-130s as a good will gesture.
 
#17
destroyer said:
Perhaps I should have been clearer. I am fully aware that those who have passed selection, the AACC or P-company are entitled to do the basic mil para course. What I wanted to know was whether passing the Patrol selection course ( I believe their phase 2 training) entitles a HAC trooper to do the para course without having to do P-company. I am led to understand that the PSC is far more arduous than P company. If it is indeed as difficult as I am led to believe does passing the PSC entitle you to go straight to Brize, without having to do p-company.
Why don't you go along to a recruiting evening, or phone the recruits office, and ask your question there, before you stir up a nest of arrsers?

Whoops, too late :p :lol:

Oh, and PSC is not more arduous than P Company. They are different courses, designed to train and test you differently and are not directly comparable.
 

Latest Threads