HAC Open Day 2013

On Tuesday 14th May the HAC will be throwing open its gates and inviting the members of the general public to look around its historic grounds and home. There will be displays and recruiting stands from units - both Regular and Reserve - from across London. i.e. its not just about the HAC.

Events include:
• Guns and horses display by The Kings Troop
• Display by the HAC Pikemen and Musketeers
• Displays by the HAC Light Cavalry
• Displays by the HAC Band and Corps of Drums
• See inside the historic Armoury House including the acclaimed museum
• Climb aboard a Chinook helicopter
• Parachute drop into the Artillery Garden by the RAF Falcons
• Apache helicopter simulator
• Meet both regular and reserve units from across the British military
• Music, bars and FREE BBQ

Timings: 17.30 to 20.30 - Free Entry - Free BBQ.

For more info visit The Honourable Artillery Company - Open Evening Tuesday 14th May 2013

So whether you are considering joining or know someone who is thinking of joining, looking for a social occasion or will travel any distance for a free BBQ, Happy hour bar and someone to listen to you spin your dits put it in the diary.

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/238860526259577/
A reminder that this is tomorrow.

For anyone interested, the HAC will also be performing a ceremonial gun salute, the first ever fired at Armoury House.
A reminder that this is tomorrow.

For anyone interested, the HAC will also be performing a ceremonial gun salute, the first ever live fired rounds into Armoury House.
Sorry Sub, I couldn't resist :) I hope the weather is kind for you all. I intend to pop along.
Will they be giving out tickets to their summer ball?
I went last year. TOP night, large amounts of classy muff whafting about too.
Be fair, they will be doing their "tent pegging" display again. Surely putting up tentage is a role? The R SIGNALS and RAMC junior ranks have been excelling in it for years!
I genuinely have little clue about tentage of any size, why do I need a Tent when I have a BFA that has light and heating?
Speak to your colleagues in other areas of the RAMC. Their knowledge of tents, military, field hospitals for the use of unbelievable.

I intend to dodge Med Regt's and Field Hospitals until I'm too old for all this malarky and instead find myself filling my time with my Meth addiction and hookers.
Is it about HAC deploying as a unit, or just as speshul augmentees/BCR?
Read it. Its about both. The HAC deployed as a unit on TELIC 4 and as IA's on subsequent tours.

The HAC has a role. It is a dedicated STA regiment which will sit in the new Intelligence and Surveillance Brigade. This was reconfirmed recently. If it changes to a Marachi Band in another few months so be it. It will do as its told.... like every other regiment in the British Army.