Haaretz about Jewish power in America

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/...ontrassID=0&sbSubContrassID=1&listSrc=Y&art=1

Hundreds of pages released this week by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee contain protocols of the closed hearings of this committee from the seminal year of 1967. Many deal with Vietnam, but the more interesting are those dealing with the Six-Day War.
Date: June 9, 1967. The senators contemplate ways to pressure Israel and the Arabs and delve into the question of Jewish power in America.
Secretary Rusk: I believe contributions to the UJA [United Jewish Appeal] are tax exempt, yes.

The Chairman, J. William Fulbright of Arkansas: That is right. The only country. Do you think you have the votes in the Senate to revoke that?
The Chairman: I said they know they have control of the Senate politically, and therefore whatever the Secretary tells them, they can laugh at him. They say, "Yes, but you don't control the Senate."

http://cicentre.com/disinformation.htm

"On the other hand -- and this is the other side of the Soviet intelligence, very important: perhaps I would describe it as the heart and soul of the Soviet intelligence -- was subversion. Not intelligence collection, but subversion: active measures to weaken the West, to drive wedges in the Western community alliances of all sorts, particularly NATO, to sow discord among allies, to weaken the United States in the eyes of the people of Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America, and thus to prepare ground in case the war really occurs. To make America more vulnerable to the anger and distrust of other peoples."

ghost_us said:

"On the other hand -- and this is the other side of the Soviet intelligence, very important: perhaps I would describe it as the heart and soul of the Soviet intelligence -- was subversion. Not intelligence collection, but subversion: active measures to weaken the West, to drive wedges in the Western community alliances of all sorts, particularly NATO, to sow discord among allies, to weaken the United States in the eyes of the people of Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America, and thus to prepare ground in case the war really occurs. To make America more vulnerable to the anger and distrust of other peoples."
Well ghost_us meet Sergy

armchair_jihad said:
ghost_us said:

Well ghost_us meet Sergy
It seems to me that our friend Ghost_us understand it in the wrong way. The words were sounded by respected American politicians, lawmakers. In no way could they be regarded as America haters or (God forbid) anti-Semites. And of course they didn't mean to weaken the West, USA, relations with allies.

Btw, such a pity that we haven't the time-machne. How much interesting could we read in this case.

Btw, such a pity that we haven't the time-machne. How much interesting could we read in this case.
Nope, seems to me I nailed it right on the head.

This post obviously has no other intent other than to cause speculation and weakly try to place foundation behind some obfuscated idea that somehow America is run by Israel or some secret Zionist organization.

Perhaps you should change your tactics? Like maybe spread gossip that America secretly wants all the Europeans to wear plaid undies? And the Chinese to wear purple jock straps?

ghost_us said:

Let's look at your source Ghost_us.

The Russians define disinformation as 'the dissemination of false and provocative information.' As practised by the KGB, disinformation is far more complex than the definition implies. It entails the distribution of forged or fabricated documents, letters, manuscripts, and photographs; the propagation of misleading or malicious rumours and erroneous intelligence by agents
Btw, my father is a former colonel of KGB (military counterintelligence).

It appears the a word 'disinformation' (Dezinformatsia) has Russian roots, first it was used namely in Russia and later was accepted in Western languages.

I agree that disinformation is a powerfool tool used by all secret services. But I doubt that this word could be used in the context of this thread. It is simply a funny story, no more.

the propagation of misleading or malicious rumours and erroneous intelligence by agents
Yes, you are right. It's a funny story. Especially in that it's 40 years old and really has no bearing on current events.

So, have you aspired to fill dads shoes?

ghost_us said:
Nope, seems to me I nailed it right on the head.

This post obviously has no other intent other than to cause speculation and weakly try to place foundation behind some obfuscated idea that somehow America is run by Israel or some secret Zionist organization.
Shame on you! It is blatant anti-Semitism and unimaginable anti-Americanism. We all know that USA and Israel are the best friends that promote ideas of true democracy in the ME.

ghost_us said:
Perhaps you should change your tactics? Like maybe spread gossip that America secretly wants all the Europeans to wear plaid undies? And the Chinese to wear purple jock straps?
Probably a mistake here:

And the Jocks to wear purple Chinese made straps.

ghost_us said:
the propagation of misleading or malicious rumours and erroneous intelligence by agents
Yes, you are right. It's a funny story. Especially in that it's 40 years old and really has no bearing on current events.

So, have you aspired to fill dads shoes?
Mark Twain said:
...news is history in its first and best form, its vivid and fascinating form, and...history is the pale and tranquil reflection of it.

- Mark Twain's Autobiography

So your father spied on soldiers then? GRU must of liked that!
Sergey are you trying to say that the Jewish lobby controls American policy on the middle east?

Ord_Sgt said:
Ahhh Sergey and the Jews again and again and agi....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Well the Russian track record with Jews has been pretty poor over the centuries. Why do you think so many wanted to leave Mother Russia in the '90s? KGBR does have a tendency to post articles that tend to draw a bad light to Israel, perhaps this is a change of tact and he is going for the actual issue?

ostvic said:
So your father spied on soldiers then? GRU must of liked that!
GRU... My uncle is a former colonel of GRU.

ostvic said:
Sergey are you trying to say that the Jewish lobby controls American policy on the middle east?
First of all it's not me but respected American politicians said it and not only ME was meant.

Arik said:
Ord_Sgt said:
Ahhh Sergey and the Jews again and again and agi....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Well the Russian track record with Jews has been pretty poor over the centuries. Why do you think so many wanted to leave Mother Russia in the '90s? KGBR does have a tendency to post articles that tend to draw a bad light to Israel, perhaps this is a change of tact and he is going for the actual issue?
Yep, I believe the word "pogrom" is Russian. They did the first ethnic cleansing of the Jews didn't they?

I see nothing has changed then.

Not quite Gdav, all the Jews living in England were expelled in 1191.They were invited back by Oliver Cromwell. Anti-sematism has been a big problem in europe for over a thousand years,hence the irony of Jews fighting alongside Muslims when the crusaders arrived in what is today Palestine.
Sergey,sorry to be pedantic but you said earlier he was KGB but then said he was GRU?

ostvic said:
Not quite Gdav, all the Jews living in England were expelled in 1191.They were invited back by Oliver Cromwell. Anti-sematism has been a big problem in europe for over a thousand years,hence the irony of Jews fighting alongside Muslims when the crusaders arrived in what is today Palestine.
Sergey,sorry to be pedantic but you said earlier he was KGB but then said he was GRU?
My father is a former colonel of KGB and
my uncle is a former colonel of GRU.

ostvic said:
The term pogrom as a reference to large-scale, targeted, and repeated anti-Jewish rioting only saw use beginning in the 19th century.

In Odessa.

Latest Threads