Ha, ha, ha. Sally Bercow to be sued

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
From the Telegraph.

Lord McAlpine threatens to sue Speaker's wife Sally Bercow - Telegraph

Lord McAlpine will be taking legal action against ITV's This Morning, Sally Bercow, and any Twitter users who wrongly named him as a paedophile, his lawyer has said, as he says the era of "trial by internet" must come to an end.

Andrew Reid, Lord McAlpine's lawyer, warned anyone who falsely named the peer in relation to child abuse at a North Wales care home they faced being sued for libel. He said: "We know who you are and we know exactly the extent of what you have done."

He has now disclosed he will be taking legal action against high profile tweeters including the Speaker's wife Sally Bercow, with some defamatory messages on the social networking site being reproduced more than 100,000 times. A list of those who named the Peer on Twitter has been compiled. They can come forward and agree to pay a settlement or be sued.

He has today written to ITV warning them of legal action. He said "trial by Twitter or the internet" must end and urged anyone who named Lord McAlpine to get in touch to reach an "agreement".
I can't begin to hell you how sad that makes me...

Wordsmith

There is a God, although it is far too early to place bets on how it will pan out. I truly hope Sally in the Alley gets her just rewards and that nice Phillip Schofield crashes and burns alongside her!

Latest Threads