H4H: Signed picture The Bridge at Arnhem by Alan Fearnley

[align=center]
Only because this really should be auctioned right now (because of the historical date),
we will make an exception and auction this picture before the RBL auctions start.

Thanks to a very generous donor,
we are delighted to auction this picture of the Bridge at Arnhem,
signed by John Frost.

It has very slight damage, as can be seen in the pictures,
but the frame can be repaired or replaced.
It is 65 years since the events at Arnhem,
and we're very grateful that an arrser has the opportunity to buy this memento.

Bidding for this marvellous item will end on

Wednesday, 30th of September, 2200 hrs

(Just to make sure, this is GMT. :D )

I'm sure you all know that there is always an urgent cause like this one.

So, let's honour a historic moment and help the soldiers of today by doing so.

[/align]
The Mirror said:
Paramilitary remember Arnhem 65 years on

The grey skies above Arnhem were once again full of parachutes yesterday as the famous World War II battle was remembered.

More than 500 British paratroopers jumped into Holland to commemorate the 65th anniversary of the airdrop, which ended with 6,500 British troops being captured and a further 1,500 killed. Yesterday 100 veterans revisited the town. Among those who fought was George Barton, 89, from Slough, Berkshire, who said: "The anti-tank gun I was looking after was hit by a tree and put it out of action.

"I went to tell my colonel what had happened and by the time I came back all my men had gone."

Indication of source

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
YIM, I just love that aeroplane!

And thanks for making this quick and timely auction happen.

I have a feeling this will be one of the most sought after items so far in the Auctions...

You gotta love YIM's Smiley icon thingies... :? did you find a smiley plane with paras jumping from it YIM?!!! Class... 8)

Gundulph said:
I have a feeling this will be one of the most sought after items so far in the Auctions...

You gotta love YIM's Smiley icon thingies... :? did you find a smiley plane with paras jumping from it YIM?!!! Class... 8)
I have to agree with you there, Gundulph, and can only keep saying a giant

THANK YOU

to the donor.

We sell to anyone, Mr. Maverick. More money for the cause, you see!

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Antony Hopkins played John Frost in 'A Bridge Too Far' - if you are in touch ping him an email - he'd love to own this.

On Hannibal Lecter's behalf - £200 - cash waiting!

Don Cabra