H4H, Hero The Bear Afghanistan Tour

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by ACAB, Aug 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys and Gals,

Mrs ACAB is currently the Charity Champion for Landmarc Support Services at Hythe Ranges. In just 2 months Landmarc and Mrs ACAB have raised over £3,000 for H4H and there is another 10 months to go.

Her current 'cunning plan' is persuading a Battalion / Squadron / Company / Troop or Platoon to take 'Hero the Bear' on Herrick with them as an adopted member. Whilst he is on Herrick raffle tickets will be sold for Hero and in support of H4H. Obviously, it is important that his Facebook page is updated with various photos of 'Hero' doing his bit in the Stan to maintain interest and assist in fund raising. He would also be 'suitably welcomed' on his return at Brize before the winning ticket is drawn.

All she needs is a sponser unit, transiting through Lydd and Hythe on Herrick Training, to collect Hero and start the ball rolling. (Dates and times via PM please)

Any Volunteers ???

See 'Hero the Bear' on Facebook

2. Her Maj had also added that should a Unit currently deployed wish to take on the Bear she will be quite happy to BFPO him out there

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Would that be 'Holidays for Heroes' or 'Help for Heroes', ACAB?

Hols for Heroes has numerous bears tasked for the rest of the year, and I believe that at least one of them is schduled for Afghanistan.

www.holidays4heroes.org is the organisation supported by the Magnificent Seven Bears
    Sgt Slingsby is the site detailing the bears' schedule of activities.

5. GURB

See above Mate, like the total spanner I am I've replied to myself !!!!

6. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thanks for the info, ACAB.

Perhaps next year you / she could consider Holidays for Heroes as your organisation to support? MDN could work wonders for wounded and bereaved families with three grand!

7. That's a superb idea mate, I'm sure if she can raise awareness amongst the staff regarding Holidays for Heroes they will support it next year.

8. Grownup_Rafbrat

Over to you, and if I can help with leaflets, our lovely Powerpoint Presentation saying what we do, how we started, etc., please drop me a PM.

9. Hi Everyone,

Hero the Bear is going on tour shortly and will be getting his paws in the sand. Thanks to the guys at 662 Sqn AAC. If you have Facebook please make 'Hero the Bear' a friend and follow his adventures

10. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Tell him to keep an eye out for Sgt BRAILLE ... he'll be there with 2 Scots in a week or two.

SLINGSBY has scribbled on his FB Wall ;-)