H4H Challenge Match - Twickenham, 20th September 2008

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by chris951, May 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if anyone has picked up on this one yet - Mark Souster from The Times is planning a rugby match at Twickenham to try and raise £1million for a specific project at Headley Court.

I'll be going!

Link here

.pdf] Brochure thing here
  2. Bump - For those still filled with the euphoria of the Beans & Gravy game last weekend, the Help for Heroes website contains this page about the H4H Rugby Challenge match at Twickers on 20 Sep to raise money for the Tri-Services Rehabilitation Centre at Headley Court. Looks like it's going to be a good 'un and rugby fans can carry on from where they left off on Saturday. Imagine a capacity crowd of 44,000 spectators, each wearing a tri-service purple tu-tu and ARRSE tee shirt with H4H wristband and boots!
  3. Thanks for spotting and posting it. Mark and the rest of the organisers are moving quickly particularly as the RFU only gave permission for Twickenham to be used last Thursday. The public launch will likely be in mid/late May, but they are already getting positive response (witness the Martin Johnson quote) from the rugby world to the plan.

Please put it in your diary and spread the word and book tickets for the family once they go on sale.

As and when there are updates I will ensure they are posted here.
  4. Chaps and Chapesses

As promised, more details below. Press conference was today at Twickenham, so should be in the media Wednesday. Link to Ticketmaster at bottom of short piece from RFU website. I will post to Rum Ration and PPrune; please pass to anyone else you know.

Twickenham Stadium to host Help for Heroes match
    June 3, 2008
    Twickenham Stadium to host Help for Heroes match
    Target to raise £1m for Headley Court Facilities
    Twickenham Stadium will be hosting a challenge rugby union match featuring rugby stars from around the world aimed at raising over £1m for the Joint Services Rehabilitation Centre at Headley Court, Leatherhead, Surrey, which cares for armed services men and women injured in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    The match, to be played at Twickenham Stadium on Saturday, September 20th will feature two teams, a Help for Heroes XV and an International Select XV who will play a challenge match at the home of English rugby. (Kick off time tbc).
    Former England Captains, Phil de Glanville (ex-Bath Rugby) and Lawrence Dallaglio (ex-London Wasps) will act as Team Manager and Non-Playing Captain respectively for the Help 4 Heroes XV with Welsh Rugby legends, Ieuan Evans and Scott Gibbs filling the same roles for the International Select XV.
    The teams, which will be announced in due course, are expected to include a composite of players from the Guinness Premiership, National Division One, the Magners League, overseas stars and the armed forces.

5. Was at the England -v- Barbarians game at Twickenham on Saturday and there was both a write up by Mark Souster at the front of the programme reference this game plus a full page advertisement. It looks like it is going to be much more than just a game of rugby and it is already getting plenty of 'big name' support (Lawrence Dellaglio on Sky News last night talking about it). They are looking at trying to get 84,000 to attend.

Tickets are on sale now via Ticketmaster. I purchased mine on Sunday and looking at the stadium plan have managed to get fantastic seats. I would say the sooner people buy the more likely you are to guarantee lower tier seats as coverage of this game is picking up rapidly.

6. Tickets bought, look forward to seeing everyone again.
  7. Seen and I am busy drumming up support from various old boys from all shades of purple I meet when in London.
  8. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer