H4H Auction. A pair of Purdeys. Ends midday 12/3/10.

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Ravers, Feb 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Here is your chance to own a pair of Purdey's (well sort of) and donate some cash to Hols4Heroes.

Up for grabs are a pair of original A3 black and white photographs of beautifully engraved James Purdey & Sons shotgun actions incorporating large scroll and game scenes. They are framed in walnut (like the Purdey stocks).

The pictures were not originally meant for sale and were used as patterns for Purdey engravers to copy, therefore they are totally unique. No other photographs of these particular actions exist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They will come with a signed letter from the Purdey Factory Manager confirming their authenticity.

Please be aware before bidding, that I have cleaned the pictures up as much as possible, but due to the fact that they have spent the past 15 years unframed and in a factory environment, there is a very slight mark on the bottom left corner of one of them (bottom picture), however it is barely visible as you can see from the photos and it adds to the charm somewhat!

2. Ravers

Well if no one else wants them, they'd look great in my office:

£20

3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

50 quid

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

5. Ravers

That's the spirit chaps.

6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

If the pound keeps dropping I may have to invest in the real thing....

7. Ravers

Drop me a line and we'll talk ;)

8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

It'll have to go a bit lower yet - the "relatively cheap" sporter is still over 30k.........of course if an old dusty hammer gun was getting in the way and nobody wanted it.... :)

9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Still a bargain at £70, and many, many thanks to Ravers for this fabulous auction item.

(If I hadn't just had to spend a fortune on boring old brakes for my car I'd be bidding myself. Blimmin' MOT certificates. Who needs 'em anyway?)

10. Ravers

Bumpedy bump.

11. Cow

Cow LE

£100.00

It's a shame I'll never be able to match the winning bid as I'm sure these will go for alot more!

12. £110

13. Cow

Cow LE

Bollocks. £120

14. £130.00