H3 Detector - Scam or Most Amazing Invention EVER?!

what is it???? can't be bothered to follow links?

goon_bde said:
A detector that "apparently" can detect any element up to 2 miles away :roll:

Very Dubious, the Company behind it has approached Motorola to be the first to have it incorporated into their phones...

Very Fishy Pile of Poo :? if you ask me...

It's a letter from an inventor to the top-bod at Motorola offering him first refusal of an explosive detector that can be built into a mobile phone.

Offer expired on 27th Nov 07.

Seems plausible enough I suppose.

Edit to add: sorry, didn't clock the range - balls it is then.

goon_bde said:
According to the blurb it is a NANO IONIC RESONANCE measurement system that can be fitted to mobile phones to give you
Alert:
You are within
500 feet of an
explosive device.
Press # to notify
authorities.

No idea if it works or is just more hype.

It seems like a good idea until you start thinking laterally.

Now, what are the items that you can't take into an ammo compound?

Oh, yes. Mobile phones......

Steven said:
goon_bde said:
According to the blurb it is a NANO IONIC RESONANCE measurement system that can be fitted to mobile phones to give you
Alert:
You are within
500 feet of an
explosive device.
Press # to notify
authorities.

No idea if it works or is just more hype.
Or "Press # to accidentally detonate it"?

I put this one up there with cold-fusion and the outpourings of 'Dr' Gillian McThief: utter, unmitigated pseudo-scientific tosh without any basis in fact.
What does it detect - nitrogen compounds? How about (perfectly inert) fertilisers? All manner of nitro-carbon compounds within the human body? "You are within 500 feet of someone who is full of piss, press # to wake them up and get them into a taxi"

Edited to add that puttees beat me to it! :oops:

utter sh!t...i'm not an ATO, but i know that such a device is impossible given the variables in explosives

Probably like everyone else, I've been Googling.

It seems that every site that's thrown up with the option to comment has attracted comments from the good people of H3 Tec themselves.

All very wierd.

http://vector1media.com/spatialsustain/?p=209

A TWO MILE range?

The blurb says the device can detect a certain number of elements. Ooohhhh there's some carbon over there, that's useful, that is.

Edited to add, utter bullshit, the device manages to send an 'impluse' through a metal tin to detect a target compound? A nice metal faraday cage? I think not.

Pseudo-science babble, someone's just strung together 3 snazzy sounding words, hoping to fool fools into providing some 'research' funding......

Google http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...al&q="nano-ionic+resonance"&btnG=Search&meta= and the only references are to.... H3Tec!

Do you think there's a market for an 'ARRSE Mk1 Patent Horseshit Detector'? This H3 thing would certainly give a hell of a reading on one.

The ARRSE Mk1 PHD:
"Able to detect utter tripe on the Internet in a matter of minutes; provided there's no war movies on the telly, then you might need to wait an hour or so"
"Perfectly geared up to detect Walts instantly - please note it doesn't do anything except provide an alert, then roll around on the floor p1ssing itself laughing"
"Do not use within 2km of a politician or 'professional artist' to avoid overload"

Reminds me of certain bits of kit (That I'm probably still not allowed to talk about) that we used to wear across the water.

Split into detectors and inhibitors, they were supposed to either alert us to or prevent attacks from RC IED's

Except everything in the world set them off. Traffic lights, car alarms, a sudden change in ambient air temperature...

Weeks and weeks of practice drills at Lydd and Hythe would be abandoned after two days of constant bleeping in Belfast and the batteries would go straight into walkmans everywhere.....

It reminds me very much of the portable atom-bomb detector, which consisted of a piece of paper on the end of a stick. When the paper went black, you knew there'd just been a nuclear explosion.

smartascarrots said:
It reminds me very much of the portable atom-bomb detector, which consisted of a piece of paper on the end of a stick. When the paper went black, you knew there'd just been a nuclear explosion.
Thanks for providing me with the first proper guffaw of the new year!

The H3Tec is definitely a fraud, like the other fraud detectors ADE 651, GT200, Alpha 6, SNIFFEX, SNIFFEX PLUS, HEDD1, PSD-22, DKL LIFEGUARD,H3TEC, GADE651, AL-6D, Khoji etc etc

They will not take independent tests and the one they rely on is discredited.

If you had such a marvellous invention wouldn't you just go to a reputable University, get proper double blind testing carried out, and if it works publicise everywhere and watch the orders and money roll in?

Just a fraud based on the old ideomotor dowsing effect.

Wasn't there a British company selling similar technology to the Iraqi army? Able to detects explosives, drugs etc?

I remember reading something along those lines in Private Eye, apparently it was about as accurate as dowsing rod.

Wasn't there a British company selling similar technology to the Iraqi army - it was mentioned a couple of times last year.

I remember reading something along those lines in Private Eye, apparently it was about as accurate as dowsing rod.
Please check out the blogs at for some of the history:
ade651gt200scamfraud.blogspot.com
explosivedetectorfrauds.blogspot.com
sniffexquestions.blogspot.com/

If you are angry about this fraud then please feel free to join our google group:

groups.google.com/group/the-fake-explosives-detector-campaign

Sigh......The point was we knew that but the poor sod with the detector and the bloke thinking of getting on the bus with a jack pyke fishing vest full of nastyness didn't. Bit of a deterrent effect combined with confidence building for people on the bus/market/ place of worship. And remember some folks in nasty places dislike dogs having a good sniff nearby.Added Bonus.
We can all go tut tut but I think as scams go it wasn't a bad one. Look into it further and you may even be able to raise a wry smile.
To me that "tart" of a reporter could not see further than her nose and those who knew should have told her to do the dying child wants to go to disney instead.
Then again maybe it's me thats the dupe......

Sigh......The point was we knew that but the poor sod with the detector and the bloke thinking of getting on the bus with a jack pyke fishing vest full of nastyness didn't. Bit of a deterrent effect combined with confidence building for people on the bus/market/ place of worship. And remember some folks in nasty places dislike dogs having a good sniff nearby.Added Bonus.
We can all go tut tut but I think as scams go it wasn't a bad one. Look into it further and you may even be able to raise a wry smile.
To me that "tart" of a reporter could not see further than her nose and those who knew should have told her to do the dying child wants to go to disney instead.
Then again maybe it's me thats the dupe......
You are pretty daft ain't you! False hope sold for millions and many people blown to bits because of the failure. Not so bad! A laugh! Sorry, but the only joke here is anyone who even vaguely supports this despicable trade.

And that 'tart' reporter is an f'ing hero exposing this crap.

There is no deterrent effect as the suicide bombers don't care anyway. Honestly, I've rarely heard so much garbage!

I do hope others here will also point out the errors of your ways. Don't suppose you would feel the same if anyone you knew and cared about was blown up because of these useless so called detectors.

It's thinking (or not thinking) like that that allows scams and frauds to continue.