H

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Strike, Mar 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If work needs doing it gets done, end of.

And wah?

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

How I laughed, come on this is the mans army :wink:

3. That's what I was thinking too. Only a nine-hour day? Cushy number, if you ask me. Now in my time .....

MsG

4. There was some bit of paper floating about that said due to new EU laws (no surprise there then) that the working week in civvie street can not be more than 48 hours. The MOD have said that although they are exempt they will try to follow the law as close as they can which roughly translated means tough titties you are working until the job is done.

5. What happened to the "your paid 24/7,so get on with it" attitude???????????

6. You are not really suited for a Military career....Have you thought about applying to British Leyland?

7. Do they still give Wednesday afternoons off, Early darts on fridays and the weekends off?

8. That left around about the year 2002.

9. I know nothing about the working hours thing, my gut reaction is to say "man up, dry your eyes and crack on"

However I'm sure your going to get plenty of that. If the weekend is that important to your lads then tell them to put leave passes in, it doesn't come off there leave card and it would better guard against a friday afternoon dicking. If the guys were working late all week a blind man could have seen weekend work incoming.

If your in at 7:15 and working at 7:30 when the working day doesn't start till 7:45 who's the fool. As for the provost staff manning the gate till 17:00, maybe that's the problem. To many people watching gates and not enough people doing the work inside the wire.

10. If theres work to do over a weekend you won't be getting any leave whether you put a pass in or not.

11. Rather than listening to tittle tattle, nonsense and And the “in my day” harrumphing I would suggest you have a read of

2008DIN 01-050

That will answer all your questions

12. Where the feck do you think you are? the RAF?

13. I think the EU Directive on Working Hours is something along the lines of not being able to work more than 48 hours a week averaged out over a 17 week period. At present you can, however, choose to opt out of this directive. i have heard some talk about removing the opt out. I think the MOD has its own opt out.

I remember a lot of talk about restricting working hours when I was in NI in the mid 90s. Lots of us were working shifts/long days and then being on call every night. We were of the opinion that we were operational and, if anyone tried to impose the directive, we would still work whatever hours it took to get the job done.

I'm now a Civil Servant and the EU directive applies to us. I had one member of staff who chose to opt out and regularly put in well over the odds (without overtime!). Dedication to his job (and well respected by all).