H&S v Heroic act - railway worker suspended.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Incubus_Imperator, Sep 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I do hope the suspension is under full pay!

2. Are c2c a subsidiary of Dignitas by any chance?

3. As Fally often says, we have become a totally effeminate nation. Makes me retch.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Go on then.

5. Was it a heroic act? 'Minutes before the train was scheduled to arrive' doesn't suggest that he managed to dive back onto the platform just as a 120mph express grazed the heels of his shoes does it?

• Like Like x 2
  6. I did. Though that might also be due to the food I ate at the pub earlier.

7. No, it wasn't 'heroic' that's just newspaper bullshit, it was prompt and effective action rather than stopping the lines in all directions and leaving her there for an hour and a half, for 150 firemen and ambulance crew to turn up and do the same thing themselves.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Hold hard just one second. If the great and good have a drill for such things and the worker is trained accordingly, is it not possible that by failing to stop the trains before leaping in all hero-like, it's entirely possible that the worker could actually have turned a relatively minor fall into a splatterfest when the train ploughed into the pair of them?

Just saying, like.

• Like Like x 7
  9. I hope you carried out a full risk assessment before doing so and have submitted a method statement completed in triplicate.

• Like Like x 1
  10. No, I told the chef he was a c*** after being unable to eat the filth he'd produced.

11. But if he's ignored the proper procedure for someone on the lines and the 0746 express wasn't bearing down on her at a large rate of knots then why wouldn't there be an investigation into why he felt he should ignore his 'orders' and climb onto the tracks when there wasn't a pressing need to?

There might be a case for some mild outrage if he'd actually saved her from being crushed by a train but I don't see it for someone who ignores the rules they've been taught when they don't need to.

• Like Like x 1
  12. This.

A bit like pulling a squaddie up for going running into a minefield when there's just no need.

13. I think the correct procedure is to rip pettycoats off young girls and wave them at the oncoming train.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Total non-story!

All they had to do was inform the signal box and follow procedures. This entails (amongst other things) a Block and local isolation of both the line effected and the adjacent if there is one. All trains on these lines would be held at danger aspects and this would also be automatically transmitted over the cab secure radio.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I've always wanted to use those BFO jump lead kind of things that short the track circuit and make the section "occupied"

But then I like causing trouble.

• Like Like x 1