H.R. (non Mil)

gladimout

Old-Salt
Not sure if this is the right forum, mods feel free to move wherever.

Does anybody here work in HR?

If so please PM me.

Thanks in advance

GIO

HR don't do IT or communicating with people. Put your request on a notice board or a staff magazine

gladimout

Old-Salt
I'm not looking for a move into HR, just been suspended so need some advice!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Phone your local Citizen's Advice Bureau, they should be able to help.

msr

LE
What for?

HE117

LE
HR....

First against the wall when the revolution comes....

gladimout said:
I'm not looking for a move into HR, just been suspended so need some advice!
Do you belong to a union or professional organisation? They will have reps who deal with this all the time. If you dont, get joined now.

gladimout

Old-Salt
I thought about that, not a member of a Union, with the 'horse already bolting' I was under the impression it's too late??

Give it a go you have nothing to lose.

gladimout

Old-Salt
It appears I may be royally fucked! Anyone ever had any dealing with a 'non compete' restriction within their T&C's of their contract???

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
gladimout said:
It appears I may be royally fucked! Anyone ever had any dealing with a 'non compete' restriction within their T&C's of their contract???
a little bit (a friend's old job). there was a 5 year non-compete clause in there, but having researched it the accepted norm is 6 months, maybe a year in exceptional circumstances. we're planning to bust the 5 years and see them in court if they want to fight it - we took legal advice and they'll lose.

main thing we discovered is that they can not enforce a non-compete clause simply to "stifle competition" - there must be a valid reason e.g. an employee leaving and poaching all the company's customers.

PM me if you want to discuss specifics.

VMechA

War Hero
I sent you a pm.. no response.

I indicated how I could help - so, let me know and I will

Latest Threads