H.M. Passport service praise indeed

My passport ends soon so last Monday the 16th Sept I renewed online and mid afternoon posted the old passport back in the 15;00 collection 1st class.
Today the 21st mid afternoon the courier arrives with my new passport..
I am impressed with the speed of renewal.

Jolly well done

My passport ends soon so last Monday the 16th Sept I renewed online and mid afternoon posted the old passport back in the 15;00 collection 1st class.

Jolly well done
Echoed. Last year it took about a week between applying on-line and the courier arriving with my new passport - in Switzerland .
When asked for feedback, they received very positive comments.

Jolly well done
I was equally impressed with the service when I renewed online earlier in the year. Simple and efficient.

Jolly well done
Why not tell them how impressed you are, I doubt many read Arrse

Couldn't knock it, had a few months left on mine, after checking with brother my stag do wasn't outside of the UK sent it off for renewal.
Panicked phone call from best man, frantic call next day to passport office, lovely lady, new docs back in 3 days, on the plane 2 days after!

philc

LE

Jolly well done
And the cost was, out of curiosity?

I suppose it's in their interests to get rid of the old EU passports as quickly as possible.

Jolly well done
Sure there is no demand.... all U.K. citizens are applying for Irish passports

Are you naturally a shit magnet or do you find yourself being told by mates to think before talking ?

I posted about this on another thread, and they do provide a decent service.
But if you don't have a means of online payment then it is impossible to access that service.
I even went directly to the passport office with all of my documents but was refused entry because I had not prebooked and paid online for my appointment.
Even the post office check and send service required me to have a credit/debit card.
For my first travel document I took my birth certificate and a couple of photos to the post office and paid about two quid and it was job done.

Awol

LE
On a similar theme, I renewed my driving licence online last Monday. It stated a two week turnaround.

I received it on Thursday. Very impressive I thought.

Fúck off. I'd rather have a French passport.

Am I wrong????

2012 - <46,000 applications from UK
2017 - >163,000 applications from UK

Applications from the U.K. are at a higher level than from within RoI
It's all right - people like Farage have a Spanish wife, an ex-German wife with kids who have both German and British passports.

I posted about this on another thread, and they do provide a decent service.
But if you don't have a means of online payment then it is impossible to access that service.
I even went directly to the passport office with all of my documents but was refused entry because I had not prebooked and paid online for my appointment.
Even the post office check and send service required me to have a credit/debit card.
For my first travel document I took my birth certificate and a couple of photos to the post office and paid about two quid and it was job done.
That was back in the days when the world was in black and white.

Let's face it, nowadays most stuff can be done online. Internet access is as essential to a home as heating, lighting and water. If people can't afford internet access and have a bank account then I seriously doubt they would be going overseas. Accepted there will be the odd coffin-dodger that hasn't kept up with the modern world.

Am I wrong????

2012 - <46,000 applications from UK
2017 - >163,000 applications from UK

Applications from the U.K. are at a higher level than from within RoI
How do the passports get delivered when the address given is "No fixed abode"?

Or is the address given as "c/o Appleby Post Office"?

Latest Threads