H&K MP53 Grouping Capacity

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by blacky, Mar 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As anybody had any expierence of H&K MP 53, I am trying to put together a package, and need some info if possible.

Grouping Capacity for 5 rounds

Anybody fired it beyond 200m with any success. (open sights)
  2. I don't know the details, but I was under the impression that H&K wouldn't release a weapon for sale until it had been test-fired and achieved a certain level of accuracy.
  3. Ask Phil at the "Singelton International" website, he used to be H&Ks sales and training director in the US and is the most clued up H&K user I know
  4. What is that accuracy at 100m, cannot get hold of it anywhere
  5. Phil reckons the grouping at 100m should be sub 50mm.
  6. Do you mean HK53? What type of package you organising?

It's been a while since I've played with 53s, most have been binned now the L22 is in play. There are a few knocking about in AAC and the SF world.

As for success; not a bad bit of kit, I found the balance quite nice.

Are you using expandable, fixed or folding butts, single, 3 rnd burst or auto versions?

I should have some info in work if you let me know exactly what you're after.
  7. Yer, he knows his stuff, did he tell you about being third man on the balcony LOL
  8. You can easily hit targets at 300m using just the fixed iron sights. It is a bit dated these days however in terms of add ons (i.e being able to put a UGL on it) and the fact that parts are apparently becoming harder to source. Personally I thought it was a great bit of kit.
  9. I can have a look in the AESP for the official data if you wish, or if you have access to TDOL its on there
  10. HK 53, and the HK MP53 are different.
  11. Aah, I (wrongly) assumed he meant the HK53
  12. Really? What the Hell's an HK MP53 then?

I know the MP5, and I know the HK53, but I've never heard of the MP53.
  13. And that's my fault how?

The HK MP53 is a cut down version of the G33 IIRC.
  14. No, the HK53 is a shortened version of the HK33.
  15. God knows then, can't be arrsed to trawl the internet :)