Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gypsy Boy

Ciggie

GCM
..by one 'Mikey Walsh', apparently a pseudonym to protect him and his family. An autobiograhical story of a bloke born into a gypsy family reknowned for it's boxing talent...except he is the runt. It's one of those books that seem to have got published because it contains all sorts of snowflake friendly stuff: violent child abuse ( by his father), sexual child abuse ( by his uncle), his realisation that he is gay aged about 13, his escape from the gypsy community, eventual job teaching in a primary school special needs unit and his gay marriage.

All well and good, but throughout it highlights why gypsies are universally hated..shamelessly ripping off pensioners and the gullible, moronically aggressive, kleptomaniac, without an iota of taste..the bottom of the barrel.

If you don't find them utterly avoidable and totally unworthy of sympathy now, you will after reading this.

..by one 'Mikey Walsh', apparently a pseudonym to protect him and his family. An autobiograhical story of a bloke born into a gypsy family reknowned for it's boxing talent...except he is the runt. It's one of those books that seem to have got published because it contains all sorts of snowflake friendly stuff: violent child abuse ( by his father), sexual child abuse ( by his uncle), his realisation that he is gay aged about 13, his escape from the gypsy community, eventual job teaching in a primary school special needs unit and his gay marriage.

All well and good, but throughout it highlights why gypsies are universally hated..shamelessly ripping off pensioners and the gullible, moronically aggressive, kleptomaniac, without an iota of taste..the bottom of the barrel.

If you don't find them utterly avoidable and totally unworthy of sympathy now, you will after reading this.
Why are you reading about gay gyppos anyway?
Fairly niche interest and you have had to trawl all through the poof lit to find it.
Each to their own I suppose.

Ciggie

GCM
Why are you reading about gay gyppos anyway?
Fairly niche interest and you have had to trawl all through the poof lit to find it.
Each to their own I suppose.
Because here in Barcelona, in libraries, you have to take what English books you can get. I have what you might call a vested interest in gypsies as they are a very major problem in Slovakia, where my ex and kids live and the cover blurb promised an interesting insight into the way they live, which it certainly is.

Ciggie

GCM
Ta for that. Very interesting to actually see and hear him ( looks a bit like Freddie Mercury !)...I wasn't particularly sympathetic or antithetic ( is that a word ? ;) ) to him having read it, people's sexuality doesn't interest me, shock me or anything..I don't have any time for this thing of having it thrust in your face, so to speak, but after that I have to say I do sympathise with him and his courage in standing by how he felt, despite a genuine risk of death...at his own father's hands.

Because here in Barcelona, in libraries, you have to take what English books you can get. I have what you might call a vested interest in gypsies as they are a very major problem in Slovakia, where my ex and kids live and the cover blurb promised an interesting insight into the way they live, which it certainly is.
You could try Amazon ?

Ciggie

GCM
You could try Amazon ?
I'm a bit of a cheapskate actually and there are secondhand bookstalls on the metro here which along with libraries keep me in reading matter. It is actually quite good because it leads me to read stuff I probably wouldn't ordinarily consider. That doesn't mean I settle for shite though.

Latest Threads