Gypos et al

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by feckemall, Feb 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just received a letter from the Director of Planning, South East Regional Assembly telling me that my comments on their public consultation website amounts to "offensive" and that they and their legal advisors consider my comments to be of a "discriminatory nature and will therefore not be considered."

I ask fellow Arrsers what is discriminatory about the following:

"I wholeheartedly agree that every human should be treated equally. Therefore either they (Gypsy's) start to pay and repay years of council tax to support their lifestyle and clearing the messes they leave behind or Council Tax be rebated to those who have paid it. When this equality has been reached, and they have given an equal pro rata share as I have for 30+ years to support my lifestyle, then they can come to the table and share the bread. Until that has been achieved they will not be welcome in my area"

I left out references to petrol bombing them out of the parks to appear a little pc . . .
  2. Did you mention rivers of blood and roads of caravans?
  3. Should have said Traveller not Gypsy ;)
  4. And parks of syringes, sheds of dogfights, rows of stolen pushbikes . . .

If I had done I would have expected a rebuke, but I was as nice as I ever have been referring to such types
  5. Gypsies are OK it's the feckin new age pikies I cant abide.
  6. Nobody likes pikies. FFS, even pikies don't like pikies. I take it the council are taking the usual town hall stance of wanting to be seen to be 'inclusive' and going out fo their way to be seen as not discriminating against the stealing, lying, dog fighting pikie cnuts.

Wait 'til the feckers have parked up for the night and torch one of their caravans, then stand nearby and bathe in the warm glow of the fire with a few friends.
  7. I have met and employed some hard working Gypsies and they are sound, its the theiving tw@'s I cannot abide.

The Regional Assembly were looking at spending several million quid on sites for Gypsies, Travellers and Travelling Showpeople and wanted to canvas local opinion, but it seems if your opinion is not what they want to hear then it must be discriminatory or racist or some other bollox!

Oh and apparently the term 'Gypsy' is a legally identified group and subject to lawful recognition.
  8. FFS! No wonder they dismissed your comments....... you have put 's on gypsy! 8O

But you have got the bottom line right, "if you are not saying what we want to hear, then we are not listening :x