Gym Meatheads Only Read This

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by greenmachine, Feb 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it just me or do you get pissed off with doing a couple of months hard graft in the gym then having to go out on exercise and losing all that hard graft . Ok i know that we are in the army and we have to go on exercise now and again in the signals but hey im a meathead and i need the gym every week. p.s sorry if you have had to read this and thinking whats the point? meatheads will understand!
  2. It takes 3 days for you to start losing toned muscle

I'm sure you can exercise more than your wrist during down time

have a chat with a freindly pti
  3. not exactly a green machine if you dont like doing excercises are you........... get a grip
  4. I'm not bothered, I don't need to train being 'naturally' fit! I'd rather get p*ssed than go training.
  5. Hear hear apart from the naturally being fit bit!! :lol:
  6. I'm f*cking amazed one of you can type.
  7. If your incapable of keeping fit without having electric tools and equipment then your not a very good soldier. Just because you are on excercise does not mean you cannot carry on heavy lifting and training.
  8. Yeah I remember being in my 20s too.

9. Are you gay? No really are you?
  10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Quick question.

Why did you join the army (I am assuming you have)? Staying fit is part and parcel of army life - that is not always done in gym conditions.

Being fit is just as much cerebral as physical. Muscles do not necessarily say you are fit for what you are paid for i.e soldiering.

If going into the field means you fail to remain fit for purpose - that is your fault.
  11. I used to crew a truck with one of the biggest meat heads in the army infact probably the biggest. When our truck used to stop we would use any thinyg we could find for pull ups like the back of a bedford use jerry cans as dum bells only 22 Kg but better than nothing a bit of imagination goes a long way also think of the basics press ups etc.

12. r.e devilish dave cheers for that
  13. Yeah, thanks Dave.