Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Hovenstri, May 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I have my own privately maintained home which is 165 miles away from my SFA which I live in with my family. JSP 752 says I am eligible for GYH if my qualifiing residence is empty more than 50 miles away and I can travel to it at standdown periods,leave,weekends. 05.205. But in the ineligible service personnel section 05,0212 it says,

    Service personnel are ineligible for payment of GYH Travel when: Travelling daily from a RWA, the family home or privately maintained property, to their permanently assigned or detached duty station.

    So I have been told I am not eligible for GYH because I travel to work every day from my SFA which is my resident work address. and I am not separated from my immediate family.

    In contrast a single soldier I work with who lives in the block is entitled to claim for his house even though it may be no where near any of his family

    Can anyone clarify this a bit better for my poor brain to understand.