GYH

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by moneysaver, Feb 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To all you JPA gurus out there I hope you can help me out with this one. I have a property in England and am being posted to NI. I get GYH pay, but I've been by my clerk that I wont be able to get it once im in NI. Yet, if the situation were to be reversed i.e. I had a property in NI and posted to England then I would!

Can anyone help out?

2. Hi moneysaver

Did you ever get an answer on this? I'm in exactly the same situation now.

3. MS,

For the purpose of GYH the geographical boundary has been set as GB mainland and therefore excludes NI. If your qualifying residence was in NI and your duty station on the mainland then you would be entitled. The positive out of this is that if you are single or unaccompanied then you are entitled to 12 return passages per year back to the mainland. Hope that answers you.

4. Hi Tracster

I hear its been reduced to 10 now, cutbacks, plus if that is the case I still feel pretty hard done by as I won't get any assistance to visit my house. As I am now of a certain age and still single (no comments please) I chose to buy my own house so that I don't have to be a mess orphan or impose myself upon friends and family every weekend. Now I'm being posted to NI, for the good and benefit of the service and not through choice, I won't be able to get back home making me a mess orphan yet again. It seems to me that when it comes to allowances NI is part of the UK when it suits the MOD and then seperate when it doesn't.

Sorry, its not a whinge at you, just the system.

DB

5. DB,

No problem, yes you are quite correct. It is convenient that for the purpose of GYH the theatre boundary is the mainland. As an FSA in NI I have not heard that warrants are being reduced to 10 from 12, but that may change...cold comfort I am sure.

T