GYH travel

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by ssb655, Feb 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,
    Did a quick check for this and found nowt!

Does anyone know the rules on GYH travel? I've asked my clerks but as I'm at I'm permanent staff at a phase 2 unit, this isn't in their normal day-to-day dealings.

I'm posted to Germany and I believe I am entitled to a couple of claims a year to return to my privately owned unoccupied house back in blightly to check security, air the place, etc.

Is this correct or was this, in fact just a weird dream I had last night.

Any help would be great.

2. I get a daily allowance matey, and was getting it before I was married. I don't know if it's any different with you being in Germany, I wouldn't have thought so.
  3. Hey codhead,

thanks for the reply. I've never had an allowance for my own house which I live in as a singlie. I have a few friends that get GYHSA which has changed to GYH-travel, but I don't know if I qualify for that as I can't find out who his eligible and who is not.

Any ideas?

4. its a pain in the arse but if u were posted away from your house in the uk you would be entitled to GYH(T) but not if u are posted overseas!
    if you have been in less than 3 years then u would be entitled to 3 lots of free travel a year - buit i guess as you are perm staff at phase 2 you ahve een in longer!
  5. Hey BB007,

Maybe not the answer I was after but at least I know now. Thanks for taking the time to post.

6. Just another top tip I'd like to throw in for everybody.
    Because your employer( the MoD) provides accomodation for you at your place of work, you should only pay 50% council tax on your private property. I put this to my local council and after a few hours they rang me back and told me it was rare but true. Few weeks later 15 months 50%refund after a letter of proof by OC.

Happy days.