GYH(T) Confusion & Questions.

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum & new to the military, I was directed here in my search for answers to my questions.

I live in Northern Ireland and have done for the past 16 years. I pay rent for a house I share with my father, basic bills like phone & internet are in my name but the rest is in my fathers name, the rates bill is in our landlords name. I try to return home when I can and obviously I still have a commitment financially to the house.

For the next year I will be based in England and people have mentioned about me getting GYH(T), with no experience of this I am a little confused, given my situation will I be entitled to money? If so, what documentation will I need? I would like to try and get all my paperwork in order before I leave in the coming weeks.

Thanks in advance,

D.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum & new to the military, I was directed here in my search for answers to my questions.

I live in Northern Ireland and have done for the past 16 years. I pay rent for a house I share with my father, basic bills like phone & internet are in my name but the rest is in my fathers name, the rates bill is in our landlords name. I try to return home when I can and obviously I still have a commitment financially to the house.

For the next year I will be based in England and people have mentioned about me getting GYH(T), with no experience of this I am a little confused, given my situation will I be entitled to money? If so, what documentation will I need? I would like to try and get all my paperwork in order before I leave in the coming weeks.

Thanks in advance,

D.
Speak to your clerks in the morning. They'll be able to sort it out for you, hopefully.

Speak to your clerks in the morning. They'll be able to sort it out for you, hopefully.

Thanks for the speedy reply (no pun intended) unfortunately at the moment I am at home (NI), I will be going to the new base for the first time in the coming weeks, don't want to leave without relevant paper work as it is a pain in the ass trying to get other people to sort it over the phone.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Thanks for the speedy reply (no pun intended) unfortunately at the moment I am at home (NI), I will be going to the new base for the first time in the coming weeks, don't want to leave without relevant paper work as it is a pain in the ass trying to get other people to sort it over the phone.
So you'd rather ask some randoms on a website, than speak to the actual people who will be dealing with it?

Fair enough.

Council tax bill and utility bills are what used to be required, but I'm sure someone else will be more than happy to Google it for you and reply.

Good luck.

So you'd rather ask some randoms on a website, than speak to the actual people who will be dealing with it?

Fair enough.

Council tax bill and utility bills are what used to be required, but I'm sure someone else will be more than happy to Google it for you and reply.

Good luck.

You could apply that logic to 99% of the posts in this forum which is created for Pay/Claims & JPA questions surely?

I have never been to the new base and frankly am quite new to the full military life so don't even know who to contact considering I am over 400 miles away with a full days travel in between, it may seem easy just to contact the person dealing with it, but if I need a simple document from home it could take a week or weeks to get to me.

I have googled
I was directed here in my search for answers to my questions.
and can only seem to find information on owned properties or people who are solely renting their property, hence why I have asked the questions for MY situation to see if anyone here knows if I am entitled to it and what I will need to bring with me.

jurrasic_clerk

Old-Salt
Depends on your personal circumstances. The best people to ask, of course are the unit you are assigned to. If you haven't been there yet, give them a bell. You would be surprised how helpful most of us are.

Latest Threads