• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

GYH Allowance?

Just wondering if anyone knows how much the allowance gets you. I live in single accomidation on cam, and have a house with my girlfriend 162miles from work (one way). My name is one the council tax which costs £114 a month. I know i can claim money for travelling to my home on the weekends and wil do so when i return to work after Christmass leave. Just wanted a heads up on what it will get me. ill it cover my fuel as it costs me apx 200 a month for fuel alone. John

Hi there

Both my husband and I are members of the forces, but based in different areas. My husband already claims GYH and I was wondering if I was also eligible for it. Any advice would be appreciated.

So long as you have a family home or PMP to travel to, of course. If however, you have the quarter and he claims to come back to the quarter, you can not claim to go see him in his single bunk at the same time, no :)

Just so you have something to take to your admin office:

05.0209. Service Couples. If both members of a Service marriage or civil partnership (PStat Cat 1s/5s) are not collocated and both occupy SLA or Substitute Service Single Accommodation (SSSA) at their respective permanent duty stations, the accommodation occupied by the Cat 1s partner will be designated the Service couple’s family home. Where, however, the Service couple own or rent a property in which they would normally reside, except when unable to do so for Service reasons, this property may be classed as the family home for both members and each may claim GYH Travel to that property provided all of the criteria are met.

Latest Threads